What's new

I Think I Found An Adze

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
I went to look one of my favorite fields today only to find that they had put in seed beds for green beans so I looked another field that is not very good and I had looked the best area last week. I was pleased to find what I think is an adze.








 
Upvote 0
Its a pretty tool no matter what it is. Nice find
 
Bad ass piece, another great plow rescue!
 
I have to agree, you found a nice Flint Adz/Celt. Very nice example. Does either end show any polish on the blade edge from use?
 
Great day making find! Congrats!
 
That thing is awesome.
 
I'd say so and a nice one...I've found quite a few of those in Illinois.....great find for you cuz I know you are a point and knife man....I've a couple from Maine that are flaked but most are pecked from basalt...
 
Too many secondary fractures to be a preform, I guess it is an adze. Nice find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom