What's new

What Have I Found?

Cing'aq

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2025
Messages
26
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
I found this point last week in Stanford, Arkansas. Greene County. Near Crowley's Ridge. Im looking for opinions on what ive found please.
 

Attachments

  • FB_IMG_1759101726057.webp
    FB_IMG_1759101726057.webp
    689.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 20250929_083149.webp
    20250929_083149.webp
    744.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 20250929_083358.webp
    20250929_083358.webp
    836.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 20250929_083256.webp
    20250929_083256.webp
    417.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 20250927_190251.webp
    20250927_190251.webp
    641.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 20250929_083523.webp
    20250929_083523.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 135
  • 20250927_190220.webp
    20250927_190220.webp
    430.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 20250927_131249.webp
    20250927_131249.webp
    774.1 KB · Views: 103
  • FB_IMG_1759000328943.webp
    FB_IMG_1759000328943.webp
    138.5 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 0
Im no expert on identification, but it looks like an Adena, possibly Adena-Robbins to me.

Woodland period, 1300-3000 years old give or take if identification is close or accurate.
 
Im no expert on identification, but it looks like an Adena, possibly Adena-Robbins to me.

Woodland period, 1300-3000 years old give or take if identification is close or accurate.
Thank you! Im no expert either. That type you mentioned looks closer than any other type that ive been told. Ive been told it looks like a Gary, Standlee, Dickson, Adena Wells, Carrollton Stemmed. But that Robbins in my opinion looks the closest.
 
Crowleys ridge is a giant gravel bar formed along the Miss River. It contains lots of flint from IL, IA and MO. There is also some Lake Superior agate in the mix. The rocks were carried there by a huge flood event caused by the WI glacier melting. I hunted for flint there once and most of what I found was very similar to Burlington flint that’s found along the river further north.
 
Crowleys ridge is a giant gravel bar formed along the Miss River. It contains lots of flint from IL, IA and MO. There is also some Lake Superior agate in the mix. The rocks were carried there by a huge flood event caused by the WI glacier melting. I hunted for flint there once and most of what I found was very similar to Burlington flint that’s found along the river further north.
Thank you. What type of point would you say this is? Trying hard to identify it. Thanks again.
 
With that very long stem and asymmetry i suspect it’s been heavily resharpened I wonder if it wasn’t once a barbed form. May not be useful for id, but where my mind goes. I’d agree with the probable woodland period… if im not mistaken Gary, Dickson… are the western cousins of adena which are a more eastern type.
 
With that very long stem and asymmetry i suspect it’s been heavily resharpened I wonder if it wasn’t once a barbed form. May not be useful for id, but where my mind goes. I’d agree with the probable woodland period… if im not mistaken Gary, Dickson… are the western cousins of adena which are a more eastern type.
Thank you
 
Yes. In my opinion nothing like getting hands on authentication from a professional expert.

In my old business, a "professional expert" was some guy from out-of-town that
carried a briefcase. :laughing7:

That's an awesome find. :occasion14:

I've never found a point..wouldn't even know where to look in my area.
spider-0173.gif
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom