What's new

I think I found an artifact. Spindle shaped point?

Philmont_709n2

Full Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
161
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
I found this rock in a creek in southwest Ohio. It loooks just too perfect to be natural. But I haven't seen any other artifacts that look like this. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5855.webp
    IMG_5855.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 150
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
Upvote 0
I would have picked it up as well. Can u post more pictures of different angles including both ends. Thanks.
 
I would have picked it up as well. Can u post more pictures of different angles including both ends. Thanks.

Heres a few angles with hand for scale
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    437.8 KB · Views: 118
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    423.4 KB · Views: 118
More angles here
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    359.9 KB · Views: 113
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    380.6 KB · Views: 108
That is a very unusual piece but really hard to say from just the pictures if it's an artifact or not. Are there any flat places along the sides where it was being shaped?
 
That is a very unusual piece but really hard to say from just the pictures if it's an artifact or not. Are there any flat places along the sides where it was being shaped?

I see some in the end shot in the opening post, and in post #3, 2nd pic. Looks manmade to me, but beyond that I don't know what it might be. Cool piece.
 
I been looking for signs indicating atl atl weight. But that style I don't think would require groves to keep it in place.
 
Has the shape of a tie on banner but usually they will have grooves on each end and sometimes flat on 1 side. I dont see it though so my guess would be a pick of some sort. Looks man made to me
 
Last edited:
Has the shape of a tie on banner but usually they will have grooves on each end and sometimes flat on 1 side. I dont see it though so my guess would be a pick of some sort. Looks man made to me

I think it's possible the creek could have worn any grooves away since they were usually fairly slight
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom