What's new

I thought it was junk...a nice little surprise!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,947
Reaction score
19,962
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This little charm has what I believe a fresh water pearl inside, the piece itself is marked 925, so that counts!!!:headbang:
IMG_0499.webpIMG_0500.webp
Thanks for looking!:hello:
 
Upvote 41
That's a really cool little bird cage,, Congrats,, it certainly does count
 
Nice price of sterling always a nice suprise
 
Heck yeah, it counts! Silver! Woot!
 
So its a charm? I found one awhile back and had no clue what it was. Yours is nicer though
 
My girl likes that one... so you get a like :P
 
Yep that's silver, Surprise and Congrats!
 
Wow thats an excellent find ! Looks old also an i bet the pearl is real also :occasion14:
 
So its a charm? I found one awhile back and had no clue what it was. Yours is nicer though

I found like ones on the google....luc jewelry... silver "caged heart" with pearl
 
Wow thats an excellent find ! Looks old also an i bet the pearl is real also :occasion14:

Tough to say how old it is.. but the pearl is Gen-u-wine!!!
 
Wow, and you pulled that from the water? Awesome, that's a very unique piece.
 
Doubly cool, congrats on silver and a pearl. Sub 8-)
 
Wow, and you pulled that from the water? Awesome, that's a very unique piece.

Ha!, no Sarge... I actually pulled it from the right side of the front walkway of a new permission today....house built in 1925... silver coins were lacking, but I did find a 1913 wheat also
 
That is a very nice little find. Nice going Dave.
 
That's a really cool fun. I love the fact that you found the pearl. Probably don't find too many of those metal detecting
 
Now that's a cool little find, congrats on the recovery.
 
What made you think it was junk. I would think that silver would have sang a song. At Pro ?
 
AT PRO? I would have thought that would really ring up nice, how deep?
 
Last edited:
AT PRO? I would have thought that would really ring up nice, how deep?

About 4 inches deep... rang up 82-83 as I was cherry picking high tones when I first started the hunt.

I thought it was junk when I saw some flaking of the finish on the inside rungs od the "cage", and in the field my eyesight not so good. When I got home I cleaned it up, and with my eyepiece I finally found the mark hiding on the inside....the flaking must have been some plating that is falling off...still a cool piece.
 
Back in the 70's I bought my wife a set of matching earrings and necklace that look identical. Nice find !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom