I thought it was junk...a nice little surprise!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This little charm has what I believe a fresh water pearl inside, the piece itself is marked 925, so that counts!!!:headbang:
IMG_0499.JPGIMG_0500.JPG
Thanks for looking!:hello:

Upvote 20
Nice price of sterling always a nice suprise

So its a charm? I found one awhile back and had no clue what it was. Yours is nicer though

My girl likes that one... so you get a like :P

Wow thats an excellent find ! Looks old also an i bet the pearl is real also :occasion14:

So its a charm? I found one awhile back and had no clue what it was. Yours is nicer though

I found like ones on the google....luc jewelry... silver "caged heart" with pearl

Wow, and you pulled that from the water? Awesome, that's a very unique piece.

Doubly cool, congrats on silver and a pearl. Sub 8-)

Wow, and you pulled that from the water? Awesome, that's a very unique piece.

Ha!, no Sarge... I actually pulled it from the right side of the front walkway of a new permission today....house built in 1925... silver coins were lacking, but I did find a 1913 wheat also

That is a very nice little find. Nice going Dave.

That's a really cool fun. I love the fact that you found the pearl. Probably don't find too many of those metal detecting

Now that's a cool little find, congrats on the recovery.

What made you think it was junk. I would think that silver would have sang a song. At Pro ?

AT PRO? I would have thought that would really ring up nice, how deep?

Last edited:
AT PRO? I would have thought that would really ring up nice, how deep?

About 4 inches deep... rang up 82-83 as I was cherry picking high tones when I first started the hunt.

I thought it was junk when I saw some flaking of the finish on the inside rungs od the "cage", and in the field my eyesight not so good. When I got home I cleaned it up, and with my eyepiece I finally found the mark hiding on the inside....the flaking must have been some plating that is falling off...still a cool piece.

Back in the 70's I bought my wife a set of matching earrings and necklace that look identical. Nice find !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back