I wanna clean glass in a home made tumbler

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
Does anybody tumble jars or bottles to clean them? I clean all my dug coins and artifacts in a rotary tumbler. It does an excellant job. I use walnut shell and corn cob for my media. Id like to try to build a tumbler to do this with bottles and jars. Im thinking ...a drywall bucket ...on some wheels... powered by an ice cream freezer motor. I could use about anything for media... rice, bird seed, shell corn, wood pellets, whatever, lots of options there. Think it would work? clean them? is there something better? I did see a utube vid of a redneck tumbler made from a tread mill. It would take up alot of floor space. any thoughts? Thanx

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Certainly not an easy task. The tubes and stopples are a nightmare. Have fun figuring out the polishing media, the copper, the fill levels, the tumbling time. Start out with crap bots.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Look at Jar Doctor.com for a good idea of the contraption. Look for pics of the equipment, google "polishing bottles" or "bottle tumbling machines" or similar. Study tubes and stopples. It should not be too bad if the wallet allows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread