What's new

I was assaulted by the snowplow!

BC1969

Banned
Joined
Sep 4, 2013
Messages
6,073
Reaction score
10,453
Golden Thread
0
Location
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Damn that guy!! All day I've been out trying to keep the driveway somewhat clear. Weatherman lied..we were only supposed to get 8 inches, passed 16 now and still snowing! And blowing something terrible..feel sorry for y'all off lake Huron with that northeast wind..you must be buried.
Anyway I'm out there half hour ago trying to clear the part near the road..here comes the plow..I'm waving my flashlight at him, and my shovel thinking oh no you don't!! Yeah well not only did he plow my driveway back in, he knocked me clear over with a mountain of snow and half buried me.
So getting in the big white truck and gonna go try the pit tactic on the snowplow! I'll teach him!
If in the morning you read about redneck killed while seeking revenge on the snowplow..that was me! :tongue3:

BC
 
Ahh the plowed in drive way always brings out the best in people.
 
I you have ever been in a plough while it's moving snow sometimes it a blind endeavour in doing so and totally dangerous for anyone to think that the operator can see them clearly.

Then again it could be case where the guy is just being a jerk and winging in the bank to fill up your driveway.

Go out and buy him a small gift or a bottle to show your gratitude for his unselfishness in being out there clearing the roadways. Kill him with kindness.
 
Being assaulted by a snowplow...
hmmm that musta hurt.
 
Suck it up Mike.... Your larger then any plow!!!!!:tongue3:
 
Yikes! Recommend against a frontal assault.

Fellow I used to work with tried that 30 years ago in his Ford Mustang and he made out poorly. Can still kind of walk but has a hard time chewing.

Feeling your pain, though. We got buried overnight and there's 10" fresh in the level spots and drifts a couple feet high against the garage doors. Lovely weather we're having.
 
Yea I was out before light Shoveling the Front.
But I didn't open to the road.

I just know the Plow driver is Sitting somewhere
waiting for me to open it so he can plow it shut again. :(

They got cameras set up here somewhere I just know it :unhappysmiley:
 
Last edited:
BC - there are other ways to get even with plow drivers.

baM5UPG.webp
 
I own a plow truck and operate it privately to supplement winter income.I have had my truck assaulted by shovel,rocks,even a full beer bottle through the front window.I dont even plow the streets,just parking lots and driveways.My nickname really is bigfoot...not what you would call a little guy.It takes some quick talkin sometimes to let folks know it wasnt me.I have seen people go friggin nuts but they(we)must consider...it isnt realistically possible to get a reasonable stretch of road open and avoid driveways.Its just not.
If you are pushing snow to your right,straightening out the blade dumps snow on both sides of the truck.You would have to back up and hit it at least twice to avoid driveways...not gonna happen.It sucks but if you add in parked/stuck cars,folks snowblowing their snow into the street and all the things you cant see while plowing...I'm amazed roads get opened up at all.
Dunno the answer but I suspect the plow driver would rather be your hero than the villian
 
Last edited:
Blizzard of seventy eight it took two days to clear the drive. When plows made it in a week later ,being on a curve in the road we had chunks of snow several feet high and as wide in the end of the drive...
I plow a bit too. I tidy up driveway ends last and it takes time.
Yesterday I took someone to pharmacy and watched a truck back into a car trying to make room for the car stuck on turn just past window.
Girl asked when I made it to window if I would drop the plow. (Technically a big no,no.) She gave me a couple suckers,l.o.l..
Three pushes and could not see the results from the snow blowing off roof but should have helped.
 
Blizzard of seventy eight it took two days to clear the drive. When plows made it in a week later ,being on a curve in the road we had chunks of snow several feet high and as wide in the end of the drive...
I plow a bit too. I tidy up driveway ends last and it takes time.
Yesterday I took someone to pharmacy and watched a truck back into a car trying to make room for the car stuck on turn just past window.
Girl asked when I made it to window if I would drop the plow. (Technically a big no,no.) She gave me a couple suckers,l.o.l..
Three pushes and could not see the results from the snow blowing off roof but should have helped.

When I had a Neighbor,
he used to Plow or drive it flat with his & his Friend Vehicles always coming through.

Now I'm the only one who uses it, So the bottom gets plowed shut & the rest stacks up, leaving me in forced hibernation
 
Oh yes. Them municipal and county drivers have miles to clear. Any thing piled up hardens and turns to tank traps. Some folks had to park at the end of their drives and hike in to their homes last year. Country long driveways too. Once that stuff hardened it stayed that way for months.
Still shoveling. Next a path and stairs on back deck for dogs then start clearing off the truck.
Back is already complaining. Shoveling from a chair is rough on the spine. But hey, no poisonous creatures,sunburn or stinging insects today!:laughing7:
 
Years ago I lived in the real snow country in Parish N.Y. My buddy lived about a mile down the road, and it was the main road of the area. He had seen the plow driver move over 3 or 4 feet to take out his mail box every time he plowed the road. He had no idea why but after 2 years of it, he cemented an iron pole in the ground and put his mail box on it and waited. The next snow fall, here comes the plow with the wing out headed for the mail box. Next thing he knew the wing swung the plow around and it ended up in my friends side yard. Never had a problem after that.
 
thanks guys, again you have assured me that I am right where i need to be. lived just south of chicago in the 60s for one year, couldn't understand why anyone would put up incomplete fences like they did, made no sense at all... at least until the snow came and then it all made perfect sense. those fences were an inconvenience to have to walk around in the spring and summer but after the snow piled up, you couldn't find the gap openings to get thru. so, down over here, most of the time within a couple of days to a couple of weeks what ever snow we get is gone. but I feel for you just the same
 
The plow just pushed a huge batch of snow; the wet heavy and frozen type into my freshly cleaned driveway. :BangHead:
 
We have that problem with beachcombers, with their little tractors, dangerous stuff.
 
The plow just pushed a huge batch of snow; the wet heavy and frozen type into my freshly cleaned driveway. :BangHead:

Yea i finally went out this afternoon & opened to the road for The Mail Lady (fe-Mail lady ?)
4:30 I heard a Plow go & he pushed it shut.
As I was lookin' Here comes the Mail :( :BangHead:
oh well ! I'm done till after the Next snow
 
Play N in the snow

Just walked in from play n in the snow except I play with my backhoe. the plows push it in I pick it up and bring it down the street.

My neighbors are so happy I didn't leave for Florida yet.
 
It worked out. Followed him around like a lost puppy until he stopped. Says he didn't see me, which I don't believe, my stinger flashlight on strobe could wake the dead heh.
Anyway he said he would fix it. When I got up in the morning my drive was clean at the road.
When I think about it, had it been me driving that plow, I'd had run me over also lol. Which it was the snow that bowled me over, not the plow itself.

BC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom