I went out hunting injuns today! 10-04-06

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out with Lee and Larry again today. I covered a lot more uncovered ground today and pulled out four more indian heads and a cool old button. The years on the indians were: 1881, 1896, 1902, & 1907.

Another guy came out and hunted with us today.... don't ever want to hunt with him again. He has been hunting since 1992 and doesn't carry a pouch with him. He just throws his trash in the direction of the closest tree. He also probes for his finds with his sharp pointed knife. He gets a signal and just stabs at the ground until he finds it.

Took a crappy picture since they were still a bit wet from cleaning them, oh well, you get the idea of what I found, haha.

10-04-06.JPG

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Very cool pal...sounds like a good day! I sure hope that other hunter isnt a member of TN. People like that are just ,...I dont know ...irresponsible and makes the rest of us look bad....

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
great finds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there's nothing to say to him,, he's been hunting long enough to know... i just hope he don't go back to that spot by himself... besides him,, sounds like a good day...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice indians.

I hate guys who hunt like that. I know of a few. And when I hunt with them I do more fixing holes and carrying there garbage for them then hunting.

That's why it's very rare I hunt with them. There the type that just don't get the points of the hobby. Know matter how many times you tell them.

I've had several parks like the one your hunting. With tons of indians and v nickles to find still. They never get the woods and trails.

HH Jer

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are an IH-finding machine :o

I don't like hunting with irresponsible people either. I can't stand when people leave their trash.

Silverseeker

Nov 25, 2004
Indian Wells Valley, CA
Excellent finds! I love those Indians, and they are a bit rare out my way. I usually only get about 3-4 a year.

That guy sounds kind of like someone I took hunting a few days ago. He was tossing his relics after digging them, then leaving the hole. I filled in as many of his holes I could find.

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Oh,Oh Brian, politically incorrect title!!-- LOL ;)
But who cares!!!!
Nice IH's- how many is that now??
Wow- Your unstoppable!
Congrats & HH

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
good stuff brian! your gonna have a pile of those indians by the end of the year!

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
Great job Brian. And I know what you mean. I have seen guys throw trash up against the nearest tree......probably covering all those gold coins up!! Makes me so mad!

Job well done on the Indians.

99Brown

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the people putting the garbage there in the first place are the ones to blame.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
B,

might be politically incorrect but, ;)

the only good Injun is a found Injun.

Nice finds.

have a good un.........

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blackjack77 said:
Oh,Oh Brian, politically incorrect title!!-- LOL ;)
But who cares!!!!
Nice IH's- how many is that now??
Wow- Your unstoppable!
Congrats & HH

Yeah, haha, not so politically correct. That makes 61 for the year. I'm getting closer to my goal of 75. :)

mlw67 said:
Do you ever *not* get out to hunt?!?

;)

Nice coins Brian.

I'll get out again someday.

Haha, I try to go out as often as possible. The guys that I hunt with are retired, so they are always free, and I make most of my money selling antiques on ebay, so I have lots of free time as well, haha.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone and remember to throw your trash out ;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds, Brian.

;) RR

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds again Bsco............Those Indian Head pennies just seem to come your way !! HH

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations on the tribe. Great finds as always. I too agree hope its not a TN member. But TN member or not he will be working on giving us all a bad name.

Postalrevnant

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Way to sneak up on those indians, unlike you new best friend........ ::)

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread