I will be getting the Minelab Explorer SE. I have ?s

D

damz68

I will be getting the Minelab Explorer SE. I have ?'s

I have made up my mind, after 2 months of figuring. It seems like the explorer is the best detector on the market for finding coins, including the deep ones. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am not worried about the weight or how complicated it is, I want a detector that will clearly read coins at there deepest.

Can anyone here tell me what aftermarket or minelab coil will work the best in trashy areas for finding the deepest silver? And for all the explorer users can you tell me how the learing curve is for an xterra user. I do love my xterra just hate that it wont hit a coin at more than 4". Does the explorer give differant tones to differant coductive types and ferrous non ferrous types like the xterra. I love that feature and I am very good with it, I am about 90% right on what it is before I dig it.

So any advise on the explorer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I will be getting the Minelab Explorer SE. I have ?'s

I thought I answered this post before as it sounds very familiar.
You should have gotten a PI detector if you wanted the coins at their deepest. However the SE is almost as deep and it has discrimination, Iron Mask, and a ID screen for "possible identification." None of the detectors, no matter how much $$$ you pay gets it right 100% of the time.

For the deepest depth you still need a big coil. But trashy areas call for a small coil for only getting one target under the coil at a time. The Learning curve should be very short for any Minelab user. The Xtera should hit on a coin lots deeper than 4 inches in the ground, but in the air, that's about right. BBS tech. doesn't air test well.

If you get the coil in the water, DON'T raise the coil higher than the controls or you could fry the guts.

Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions