X-Terra 50

momule55

Nov 9, 2006
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra's The Great One's!!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just have one 2 days and I am really impressed with the Depth and the target ID system. Target seperation
in trashy areas is good. I like running mine in all metal mode. I just Ignore the real low tones. You STILL have
to dig pulltabs. because they fall into the same range as gold rings. I wonder when manufactures will solve this?
Anyways, It's a great machine, I will just have to get use to how it "talk's" to me like all the others I have used!!
This is also the first Targer ID machine I have owned. When it says 36 or 39, you have a dime, 42 is a quarter &
45, as I found out today is a half dollar. Pennies fall into the 33-36 range. I tested my gold wedding band and it is
in the 15-18 range, the same as a pull tab!! ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a good start. Now for the advanced class, try the reading with a nail on top of the coin or two coins together. Stick a coin on edge in the ground as look at the readings. Do the same thing with less sensitivity.

Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread