I wonder if people think Im a complete introvert, these days...

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's kind of funny you say this, I have a lot of friends who are Blackfoot and Assiniboine, and altho we are friends, because of their culture, we very rarely look one another in the eyes. We are always looking down at the ground, because it is rude to look some native american's directly in the eye. Then I have other friends who get pissed off if you don't look them in the eye when they are talking to you. Can't always win lol!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
"(Edit: Oh, crud... I thought I'd posted this in General Discussion... Sorry about that, mods... I must have been looking down)"

ROFL - Copy.gif

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walking head down since I bought my detector. Normally in spring here we like to have a short look at the ladies, but not me. I don't want to miss a find lol.

Last edited:

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife used to get mad at me for looking down all the time. A 10.00 dollar bill changed her mind. Now she looks down also. If ya can't beat em, join em.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You only need to read one of my signature quotes below.:thumbsup: I was more talking about field hunting, but I pick up change all the time, even in the dark...lol

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's kind of funny you say this, I have a lot of friends who are Blackfoot and Assiniboine, and altho we are friends, because of their culture, we very rarely look one another in the eyes. We are always looking down at the ground, because it is rude to look some native american's directly in the eye. Then I have other friends who get pissed off if you don't look them in the eye when they are talking to you. Can't always win lol!
Interesting, never knew that. I must have native American blood or something, because I hate looking in peoples eyes - & its not because I'm a Liar, like many assume.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look down so much...
I only know people by their shoes :P

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm kind of an aspergers introvert so it took some serious personal investment to train myself to look people in the eyes, or at least make occasional eye contact to nonverbally punctuate what is spoken. With 20/12 eagle eyes I can read a person to an alarming degree of accuracy by looking inside their eyes; sensing their intellect, character, and various other attributes almost instantly. This degree of intimacy makes me uncomfortable, as well as the idea that others might be able to read me just as deeply so my inclination is to try to keep eye contact to a minimum. I don't know if being able to automatically get inside the brain of someone via eye contact is normal, but it is rather unsettling to me. Eyes truly are a window to the soul.

Last edited:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a guy get pissed off at me cause when I was looking down, and I noticed he was wearing penny loafers. Tried to grab the pennies!:laughing7: Not really, but if they were IHC's...............................

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, just eyeballed 5$ bill this morning in front of my office door. Coffee and muffin free this morning, it had a better taste, lol.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm extrovert when it comes to work, but introvert the rest of the time. ...I don't work anymore. :laughing7:

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked some guy in the eye a few years back from far away because I thought I recognized him from somewhere. He got really angry and shouted "what chu' lookin' at?!" He then motioned like he was about to charge and attack me so I quickly walked away in the opposite direction. Never look people in the eye in bad neighborhoods in Queens/Brooklyn streets, it could get you in trouble. :'(

tomsneck

Feb 15, 2007
marthas vineyard
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt
Been afflicted with a bent neck for years. Was running down the beach one day w one of my daughters in my arm and slammed on the brakes. Turned around and scooped up an arrowhead and kept going. Pissed the wife off she's been lookin for years. Lol

longislanddertfisher

Dec 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An old timer in my hometown told me to always walk with my head down because you never know what you might find...I took his advice and suddenly began coming across coins on the roadside.years later when he had passed I ran into one of his sons who I related this small anecdote about his father and I...his son smiled and said wow I forgot about that, he went on to say that it was his father that tossed the coins on the ground for me to find! A life lesson and random kindness... He wasn't such a curmudgeon after all![emoji12]

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm kind of an aspergers introvert so it took some serious personal investment to train myself to look people in the eyes, or at least make occasional eye contact to nonverbally punctuate what is spoken. With 20/12 eagle eyes I can read a person to an alarming degree of accuracy by looking inside their eyes; sensing their intellect, character, and various other attributes almost instantly. This degree of intimacy makes me uncomfortable, as well as the idea that others might be able to read me just as deeply so my inclination is to try to keep eye contact to a minimum. I don't know if being able to automatically get inside the brain of someone via eye contact is normal, but it is rather unsettling to me. Eyes truly are a window to the soul.
Funny, I never thought of it being part of my Aspergers! I'm more intuitive than most & I can see evil in the eyes, but I don't have the same 'powers' as you. But the story is the same. I needed to train myself to occasionally look into the eyes.
What I do know is that with our psychological pathology if you don't have a hobby similar to this one you run the risk of other more harmful habits.
This hobby has not only somewhat saved me, but it has given me the tools to be successful in methodical hunting & focused research & identification. So its not a 'disease' I'm ashamed of.

S

stefen

I look down so much...
I only know people by their shoes :P

One day while placing a lunch order at a restaurant, the waitress said "my eyes are up here".

To this day I can't understand what the distraction was...Betty was on the left name tag...was looking for the other when she got all hot and bothered... :))

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread