What's new

I work for points, with pics

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called the farmer yesterday and he said I could look for Arrowheads today (Friday). His property goes along a natural creek. He has 3 fields total. I hit 1 so far. I talked to him this morning and he told me about the land. He said there is the creek, up that way there is 2 hills that are flat on top and then there is a strange Canal that the Indians built that goes all around my field. :laughing7: I said well I will try to find something if I can and he said have fun. He left and I walked 5 ft and found a scraper and then a lot of brokes. I went to the creek and I cant get to the water yet the banks are steep. So I went to the (hills) and the top was covered with grass but it sure had a nice view of the creek. I did manage to find a lot of flakes and brokes and pulled some keepers. He said come anytime just call first I said thank you and I will. rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_2192.webp
    100_2192.webp
    293.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 100_2190.webp
    100_2190.webp
    293.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_2191.webp
    100_2191.webp
    141.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hooooray!! That sounds like it will be covered with artifacts! Congrats. On the new spot. If that native built Creek had anything to do with irrigating crops you may be finding a lot of tools there. That Creek may hold a lot of older and unbroken points too. From what I see there.. this being your first day and you probably didn't find the best areas yet it looks like you could put together an entire collection from there. 8-)
 
Looking good so far. You found the debitage, now you just have to figure the water line out and how it would have been ages ago. Nice start!
 
Yeah there was still a lot of cotton on the ground and I had to stay away from the direct field cause you couldnt see any thing. When we get some rain it should help I hope. The mounds in Ga were made with canals near them. I did check it out but it is 10ft deep even though there isnt any water in it for now. The dirt they used to make the hills I do believe. I only looked for 3 hours and it was hot. The flies were killing me and then the yellow jackets were out and I took off. Maybe next week I will go back and check out another field. Are the 2 in my hand Arrowheads? If they are it is the smallest ones I have ever found.
 
when you get to know him better,see if he mite plow a little around them trees on the hill.
that sounds like a great camp site
 
Looks very promising. Take it slow with the landowner, you need to continue to build his trust in you. One step at a time. :icon_thumleft:
 
Very true. I made sure to be very careful on his property while I was there. I showed a lot of respect and called him to let him know when I was leaving. He said he lived a couple of miles away but probably lived across the street watching me to make sure I didnt damage anything.
 
we have a deal with the farmers around here in which they let us scour the fields on foot after they plow and in return we always give them something we find.
 
I guess I'm lucky to live in a small town. I have only ask two or three people for permission to hunt their fields in my life. I normally just hunt if I see a good field. I figure the worst that a land owner can do is run me away. I have lots of fields that I frequent and only one farmer has stopped to ask what I was doing. I told him "looking points" and he told me that I was in the wrong field, to go to another field down the dirt Rd. a bit. That was his field as well. I don't try to hide, so they don't suspect wrong doing. Enos Slaughter was the only person to run me away. I thought I was on my granddad's farm when he ran me off. The next year, he posted his farm and some of my granddaddy's farm. I still have some posted signs that he put on our farm. He wouldn't sign a ball for me, so I kept a sign. I wander what I could get for it on e-bay?? Please no one do as I. It could get you shot I suppose.
 
Thanks everyone I intend on going back cause on my way out I saw another field that is his rite next to the hills a little further away from the water. On one side of the hill I found this cool looking tool maybe a scraper of some kind. It is gray with black stripes running through it. I would like to find the other pieces made with it.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2193.webp
    100_2193.webp
    178.1 KB · Views: 94

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom