What's new

✅ SOLVED ID appreciated! - DCMatt, anyone?

deepsecrets

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
773
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
1
Location
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this little gem this weekend along with a toasted 18?? one cent shield. There are two marks - both "P" either side of the center mark on the bottom. Any thoughts on what this is will be appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • whatzit1.webp
    whatzit1.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 90
  • whatzit2.webp
    whatzit2.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 92
  • whatzit3.webp
    whatzit3.webp
    20 KB · Views: 80
  • whatzit4.webp
    whatzit4.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 87
I'm guessing it's part of a set of nested scale weights .
 
Upvote 0
I think mojjax nailed it.
 
Upvote 0
Right on, Mojjax!

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Yep, that's what I was thinking it was - Matt, it was found not to far from that little weight slab I showed you - could this be from a coin weight scales set? The item is not brass and too hard to be pewter. I don't have a scale that would register the weight but feels like, maybe about the weight of a large Colonial copper penny?
 

Attachments

  • coin scales.webp
    coin scales.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 90
  • coin weight.webp
    coin weight.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom