What's new

ID Help with an item....

GAdirtfishin

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
60
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summerville, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have two sick kids in the house this weekend so I have been going through some of my finds from last year and found this badge that I had forgotten about......its in the shape of a star with loops on the back that resemble the shank of a cast I button - on the front is the great seal of the US - its about 2 inches high and seems to be made of brass or copper. I know that this seal was not placed on buttons until after 1902 but I cannot find anything similar to this anywhere on the net and I would like to know what it is and what its significance was....found it at an old house site in NW Georgia - you can view the video of the find in Episode 15 of GA Dirt Fishin' { http://www.youtube.com/user/GAdirtfishin#p/u/2/nJfqBDUBUYI } - any help you guys could provide is appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • eaglebadge.webp
    eaglebadge.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 394
  • eaglebadgeback.webp
    eaglebadgeback.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 379
  • eaglebadge.webp
    eaglebadge.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 368
  • eaglebadgeback.webp
    eaglebadgeback.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 376
Wow, cool find, I am suprized some one didn't jump on this one.
Arid.
 
Upvote 0
maybe a missing revenuer,s hat badge. stumbled on a still site and thats the only thing left showing he was there? goldie
 
Upvote 0
That's cool. I've never see one like that.
goldie1959 said:
maybe a missing revenuer,s hat badge. stumbled on a still site and thats the only thing left showing he was there? goldie
Ha Ha Good one :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom