What's new

I'd like to see another...

Ice Scratcher

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
50
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

This was found in Lake Erie, OH/MI. area..

I was wondering if anyone has seen any other examples that are the same or similar material?


IMG_20150422_223515564_zpslyqyscu4.jpg


With water on it, both sides..

IMG_20150423_000030_zpssdcjfduu.jpg


IMG_20150423_000210_zpsrmynnwtk.jpg


Dry, both sides...

IMG_20150423_000409_zpsstyxxqdx.jpg


IMG_20150423_000330_zpsxpuc1ncj.jpg


With a flashlight behind it...


IMG_20150424_203136_zpssgl8jkzy.jpg


Thanks for looking, hoping to see more...

<°)))>{
 
Upvote 0
That is most likely some type of fossilized plant material. I have seen similar from Ohio and I have some pieces from Texas and Louisiana made of Petrified Palmwood and it has similar veins in it.

Here are some Palmwood pieces.
 

Attachments

  • 2016-12-01 19.17.08.webp
    2016-12-01 19.17.08.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_0143.webp
    DSC_0143.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Texas Petrified Wood (4).webp
    Texas Petrified Wood (4).webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 107
I agree with Grim I was thinking some type of small fossil but to answer your question no I have not seen any points in person like that but have seen similar pattern on rocks in the creeks and river ..... It's a really cool looking point thanks for posting
 
It reminds me of petrified palm wood to me too.
 
Thanks everyone,

Those are some awesome points TGR...

I posted this on another site a little while ago, with similar suggestions.. I just haven't seen the same stuff anywhere.. Also wanted share it here..

Thanks again all, good luck..

<°)))>{
 
Thats unique for sure

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
 
Amazing, whatever it is.
 
Used to find stuff like that on the gravel roads when a kid. It was a glass like slag I was told. Very cool looking. It could be knapped into a arrow head. But dont believe this is more the 50 years old or so.
 
Thanks everyone,

Those are some awesome points TGR...

I posted this on another site a little while ago, with similar suggestions.. I just haven't seen the same stuff anywhere.. Also wanted share it here..

Thanks again all, good luck..

<°)))>{

I was thinking Palm or even Coral. Nice and very interesting
 
That is most likely some type of fossilized plant material. I have seen similar from Ohio and I have some pieces from Texas and Louisiana made of Petrified Palmwood and it has similar veins in it.

Here are some Palmwood pieces.
Reaper your just an artifact entrepreneur ain't you. I don't comment enough on your stuff but you really do have an amazing collection. You should've been an archeologist

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom