ID Needed-Northeast Points.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Hunters.
I usually go hunting everyday but it's soo hot, too many bugs...Also the Tobbacco is level with my face, anyone who hunts in Tobbacco will know there's lots of spiders, I hate feeling the webs on my face, so taking time out. :(
Not so bad though when I received points in the post. I have some wonderful friends ::)
There points are from the Northeast, Catt Co, NY. I'm pretty sure the three smaller points are Brewerton side notched but the larger point I'm unsure about. Any input is appreciated..
Thankyou..
Molly. :)

Attachments

• 500.jpg
    500.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 262
  • 500.jpg
    500.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 256
  • Picture1 020.jpg
    Picture1 020.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 0
OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thankyou Steve, there were a few types, just couldn't be sure..This is a new type for my collection. Onondoga flint too. I see now that NC is prolly the easiest state for typology, I have a lot to learn, but still I've come along way, since we first spoke. :D

Molly. :thumbsup:

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Molly, get yourself a small towel and a gallon of water and get out there and OWN those spiders!
We have to here! :D, Gold and Spinyback Orb Spiders galore year round. his time of year the mosquitoes and noseeums and in some place the horseflies are so thick you wouldn't believe it. Stunningly shocking numbers of mosquitoes and noseeums. 100 percent DEET just puts a dent in them. They drink Skin So Soft, which I have proven does not work worth a zinc penny. Although it's mid 90's we still wear long pants and long sleeve shirts if out in the swamps. I'd ra ;Dther sweat to death than be drained of blood a drop at a time, LOLOL~~~!!

P

pickaway

Those are nice artifacts. skeetos just ran us off the scioto here did find a broke though...

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tomclark said:
Molly, get yourself a small towel and a gallon of water and get out there and OWN those spiders!
We have to here! :D, Gold and Spinyback Orb Spiders galore year round. his time of year the mosquitoes and noseeums and in some place the horseflies are so thick you wouldn't believe it. Stunningly shocking numbers of mosquitoes and noseeums. 100 percent DEET just puts a dent in them. They drink Skin So Soft, which I have proven does not work worth a zinc penny. Although it's mid 90's we still wear long pants and long sleeve shirts if out in the swamps. I'd ra ;Dther sweat to death than be drained of blood a drop at a time, LOLOL~~~!!

Well Tom, I've got an old belt and sewed dryer cloths, you know they soften your cloths while drying, well I've sewed them around the belt, the bugs HATE the smell, so no more bites on my butt & belly. ::) I got bites where I wouldn't show my mother.. :D Now alls I need is a lil cooler weather.
I'll be back in the field ' I laugh in the face of spiders & bugs' :-\ yeah right, now alls I gotta worry about is snakes, I've not seen any yet but, I think thats down to me singin. I said to my man 'I'm wasted, I should have been a singer' He frowned at me, then laughed, I dunno why..lol.

Molly. ;D

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pickaway said:
Those are nice artifacts. skeetos just ran us off the scioto here did find a broke though...

Thankyou Pick. :thumbsup:

Maybe you guys should try wearing some of that cheap cologne you get for xmas.. ;D
I was told in the Army they were made have a shot of Gin, It apparently keeps the skeeters away. I dunno though.. :dontknow:

Molly. :angel7:

Shemanese

Jun 23, 2008
Check out page 51 of Archaeology of NY State by Wm. Ritchie--Shows it looks like a spear or javelin point.

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thankyou Shemanese, I have several typology books, also sites, I just wanted to see what ppl thought, in my honest opinion, I think its a
Bare Island. The Brewertons are Late Archaic, this was found on the same site, so Bare Is makes sense, its also Late Archaic.
Thankyou for your input guys.. :thumbsup:

Molly. :)

Molly said:
pickaway said:

Thankyou Pick. :thumbsup:

Maybe you guys should try wearing some of that cheap cologne you get for xmas.. ;D
I was told in the Army they were made have a shot of Gin, It apparently keeps the skeeters away. I dunno though.. :dontknow:

Molly. :angel7:
Tis true...at least in the English Army when my Great Grandfather was stationed in India back in the 1800's. Kept Malaria away from the "Irish Guard".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread