What's new

Idaho knife my brother found

niffler

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
916
Reaction score
1,386
Golden Thread
1
Location
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was with my little brother when he found this, years ago. Just a small portion of the base was sticking out of the bank of a place where herds of cows
came to drink water. The material almost looks like agatized wood. I almost found it myself ha ha. 20181117_091101.webp
 
Upvote 0
That’s a beauty. Congrats
 
Wow! Great find and great material too!
 
Nice find! Looks like jasper.
Jim
 
That's freakin cool nice artifact!!!!!!
 
That's a dandy find! :icon_thumright:
 
Yeah that is an outstanding knife the material is killer too! Congrats to your brother!
 
How did it break? its very nice material
 
Well if it isnt broken and glued back you might want to secure those cracks some how
 
WOW that's a keeper for sure! I've lost count of all my points my brother found before I could!
 
Well if it isnt broken and glued back you might want to secure those cracks some how

I think what you are seeing are small hinge fractures that are casting a shadow, because I took the picture in bright sunlight. It is as solid as the day it was made, sharp too.
 
Also spent a lot of time in Idaho. Never pulled anything this quality tho. Amazing
 
unusual size and shape, very nice save..very lucky find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom