vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Coralstalker34! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from GENERAL DISCUSSION over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

Upvote 0

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a gorget. They are usually made from slate. I always thought they could be belt buckles so I did a little experimental archaeology and made one. Here it is. Works okay. Gary

gorget1.JPG gorget2.JPG gorget3.JPG

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome.

What size is it? There's nothing in the image to give an indication of it's size. Though it does appear to be a three-hole stone gorget.

Assuming it is stone.

Upvote 0

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wet your leather tie thong/lace and use a square knot. Draw it tight before it dries. A square knot can be untied easier , lays pretty flat and holds a bit better. Works good for round lace too.

Upvote 0

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've got a good find! Try posting it in the North American Indian Artifacts forum if you haven't already. It is further down the screen than the "What is it" forum. Give the size (picture it with a ruler or a common coin) and the general area of where it came from will help a lot too.

[h=2][/h]

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread