What's new

Identify items found with beads

Sheperdess

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
730
Reaction score
1,224
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found these where I have found Indian beads. The large ones I found in Montana and the small ones in South Dakota. I have always wondered what they are and what their purpose has been. IMG_0807.webp
 
Upvote 0
IDK for sure. I do know the big ones look like figs. Maybe something else.
 
Are they shell?
 
From the pic they are seeds/seedpods.
 
From the pic they are seeds/seedpods.

I believe they are a seed also. The outsides are hard and slick feeling. The inside is hollow with some dried up innards inside. I am able to poke a pin through the large ones. And there were some of the shell beads found with these. So I know they are different. But what kind of seed I have not clue.
 
From the pic they are seeds/seedpods.


I have to agree. Do they have a sagey scent to them, they kind of look like sagebrush seeds.
 
hey shep welcome to TNet
we are neighbors, i am in NoDak
i cannot figure out what you have

at first glance they reminded me of wild onions but i am thinking i am way off

you are welcome to post your picture and tell us about yourself, or family or hobbies
you can do this on the 'Who are you' thread at the top of the forum page
 
Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the replys. I will look into the sagebrush seed idea a little more. That sounds like the most logical to me. I appreciate the comments.
 
I thought it might be a dames rocket seed but it was not. You might post that in "the what is it" section for a fast I,D. Good luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom