If in doubt dig , don’t be lazy

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uno I’ve been around long enough to here every dam story, different versions. Gee I got this 1000 dollar detector it’s grand, I said oh yeah how’s it working, gee it said it was a good vdi and tone but it was trash, so much for that 1000 machine. Point is if you think u r a expert than you don’t need a detector, oh than either your health is to bad to bend down to dig questionable targets, gee I thought u where an expert with that 1000 machine. This could be a George Carlin show. Folks I don’t give a rats ass type of machine u have, nobody knows what’s in the ground. Every good target found equals multiple trash digs so don’t feel bad about end results, if u haven’t dug more trash than good targets I think someone is lying.have fun but exaggeration keep it to yourselves because we the average hobbies know the truth. So in ending if in doubt dig the target don’t be lazy

No I don’t have this 1000 detector sorry to mislead you all, I’m saying those out there think the most expensive machine is going to keep you from digging trash items, mindset is not good, many items give false signals my point, so how long does it take to dig a hole 2 or 3 minutes because you didn’t want to bend down. Guess what just because your awesome machine you paid to much just got fooled. All I’m saying is don’t let the price of a machine make you lazy, numbers do lie sometimes, thanks , in doubt bend down and locate the item

Agree 100%! The only way I find gold rings is by digging pulltabs!

Uno I’ve been around long enough to here every dam story, different versions. Gee I got this 1000 dollar detector it’s grand, I said oh yeah how’s it working, gee it said it was a good vdi and tone but it was trash, so much for that 1000 machine. Point is if you think u r a expert than you don’t need a detector, oh than either your health is to bad to bend down to dig questionable targets, gee I thought u where an expert with that 1000 machine. This could be a George Carlin show. Folks I don’t give a rats ass type of machine u have, nobody knows what’s in the ground. Every good target found equals multiple trash digs so don’t feel bad about end results, if u haven’t dug more trash than good targets I think someone is lying.have fun but exaggeration keep it to yourselves because we the average hobbies know the truth. So in ending if in doubt dig the target don’t be lazy
i have a magic gold wand and some magic gold dust i'll sell ya ? the gold wand works as new not much use at all really ! make me an offer ?

I started as a kid with a $99 machine and was in a couple of clubs with adults with $500+ machines - which back then were the high end
machines - they had all kinds of discriminators - I had a TR with none and had to dig everything
cant tell you how many guys cranked their discrim. back then to try and just find the keepers - cant tell you
how many goodies I found hunting behind them
present time and I still follow guys that crank their discrim. and I still find goodies behind them because I hunt in all metal
recommend you dig it all especially in spots you are going to go back to

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.flickr.com/photos/casper-2/6831926593/[/FONT]

Agreed ! I have dug many an iffy signal that turned out to be a great coin or relic.

He who digs the most trash gets the most treasure.

I love folks who don't dig trash because that means they are leaving the best targets in the ground for me to find...

It's simple really, he who makes the most holes finds the most good stuff.

The last Really BAD signal I dug was the civil war sword you can see on the banner . I just knew it was going to be a fence post. I have a good machine but have done very well with an ace-250

My last Confederate plate was nested in a bed of aluminum cans. I just felt ornery and decided to dig them all. Surprise!

If you have a site in the middle of nowhere, my specialty, you will dig some modern bullets but almost all other stuff from the old site which was there. So forget the pull tabs and aluminum screw caps from those kinds of sites. That's the kind of places I like to find, but I don't find many of them.

Me too Casper-2! :icon_thumleft:

I had an old Bounty Hunter that was a BFO(beat frequency oscillator) I believe it would have detected the color on a blow fly's butt. I dug a bunch!

Dig it all,yes indeed !:) decided to Set in 'all metal' mode these (and a jeweler says their real) were among a few pieces of shredded Alum. just about a foot down. A month ago,On the beach at Melbourne Fl. 097.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back