If ity fits the hand

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now most will tell you of the seasoned hunters and when looking at artifacts if you say it fits the hand perfectly it is not an artifact. I agree with that statement. Very few were used that way and the premise to base it as an artifact usually is misguided. So with that said here is one that is one of the few.
652.JPG653.JPG

Upvote 0
That is a beautiful and well worked knife. :icon_thumleft:

Most any rock you pick up will "fit the hand" if you turn it enough. You will eventually find a spot where it fits well because that is just the way hands are made to work. It's not that the stone fits the hand as much as it is your hand conforms to fit the stone.

Ity probably a side scraper which is a hand held scraper.

No doubt there.... As already stated most rocks will fit the hand and fingers if you turn it enough and use your imagination, but with out confirmed signs of flaking or pecking it is just a rock....

I agree with that assessment Chase2. Have you done much looking down in South Park? I've found some sites, but nothing paleo.

Most any rock you pick up will "fit the hand" if you turn it enough. You will eventually find a spot where it fits well because that is just the way hands are made to work. It's not that the stone fits the hand as much as it is your hand conforms to fit the stone.

Steve - your efforts in making this point are why I labeled you TheGrimReaper so many years ago.

Nice find Chase.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back