What's new

If the price of silver dropped to $1.40/oz...

Immy

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...making a 90% half worth about face value, would you still CRH? It's hardly likely to happen, but would you give up your new found hobby if the profit potential wasn't there anymore?
 
Upvote 0
I don't Coin roll Hunt

But IF Silver Dropped that far, buying A Few Pounds of Silver
a Month would Be on my Agenda.
 
Would want to look that much harder. Lots of silver would probably go back into circulation and I would try to get all I could. Silver would go back up!
Good Hunting!!!!!!!!
 
engine 823 said:
Would want to look that much harder. Lots of silver would probably go back into circulation and I would try to get all I could. Silver would go back up!
Good Hunting!!!!!!!!

Agreed.

Looks like at least us two would be rich when silver went back up.
 
I would buy all I could and find the rest. It will go back up....
 
Wont happen unless they revalue the dollar after it collapses.
The US is going to have to do what Mexico did in the early 90s
 
.....won't happen.........just another if and but story..........
 
actually the 90% silver would still be worth$.51 90% silver is priced at $1.29 troy ounce. the 40% would be worth $.21 melt, but still be worth $.50 naturally. and just like everyone else here i'd be buying up all i can get my hands on. who knows, you may even get some suckers who'd sell you %40 halves for 21 cents each.
 
Just like the above stated......I'd buy everything I could get my paws on......ha!
 
n_sandler4 said:
No. I'd go out and buy hundreds of pounds of silver =P



-Paul

jeff of pa said:
I don't Coin roll Hunt

But IF Silver Dropped that far, buying A Few Pounds of Silver
a Month would Be on my Agenda.

lejeuene said:
Just like the above stated......I'd buy everything I could get my paws on......ha!

Ditto........
 
I think that most of the people that look for halves now would not bother if silver was $1.40/oz. Everyone says that they would buy all that they could. I don't doubt that some of you would do that. However, I think that if the free money part of half hunting was gone, most of the hunters would be also. With everyone reading the same precious metals rags, most people are hoping to be as lucky as LJ (and a couple of others) so that if/when silver gets to a set point they can clean up. I have to believe that if silver dropped to the $1.40 point most of us would freak out and think damn!, I missed my chance to cash in!!!
 
umm im suprised that no one has said this yet but here goes:: Although silver would drop and some of you think it wouldnt make no sense to CRH anymore , the halves would still be worth about 4$+ maybe not the 40% but the 90% would all be worth that much because of the rarity and the specific amount of them that were made. Just Look in the blue book. For me if the silver dropped i would buy loads of it but i wouuld still CRH . All halves 1964 and below are worth minimum 4$ each.
 
It would sure take half the fun out of hunting halfs, dimes, quarters, and war nicks... but I would continue hunting pennies for wheaties, nickels for buffalo nicks and "V" nicks, etc.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom