What's new

If you are afraid of snakes dont look

Re: If you are afraid of snakes don't look

Rooter said:
Definitely not a python. The heads up position while cruising reminds me of a black snake. It's hard to tell his length from that picture but I know a Black Indigo can get 8' plus. That's my guess and, if it is, it's as big as they come. They are endangered in FL. Very cool and harmless predator.
I have to agree with this. Beautiful snake...If you like snakes
 

Attachments

  • 664px-Eastern_Indigo_Snake.webp
    664px-Eastern_Indigo_Snake.webp
    137.1 KB · Views: 399
Re: If you are afraid of snakes don't look

I really like black snakes, we used to find them all the time in the cornfields up in Illinois. I ran a detassling crew up there when I was in high school, nothing freaked the new kids out quite like a huge snake ;D
 
Re: If you are afraid of snakes don't look

We've got a couple Indigo's round here, they keep the rat & mice populations down.

Its a good predator have in your yard.
 
Re: If you are afraid of snakes don't look

ah, oh well must be why they took the link down on the news site......
 
Re: If you are afraid of snakes don't look

I made it all they way up to 17 years old before I got a 22 pistol.

They're not only handy, but a lot of fun. :hello2:
 
Re: If you are afraid of snakes don't look

Rooter said:
Definitely not a python. The heads up position while cruising reminds me of a black snake. It's hard to tell his length from that picture but I know a Black Indigo can get 8' plus. That's my guess and, if it is, it's as big as they come. They are endangered in FL. Very cool and harmless predator.

Yes, I'd guess that is a 'blue indigo', [protected species], eats other snakes, and is a very gentle, beautiful creature. You can pick them up with no fear of getting bitten.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom