If your looking for a tabby pump / crack sucker.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 7C7BD4F8-0ABA-40A3-B6A5-5E443A851B5E.png
    7C7BD4F8-0ABA-40A3-B6A5-5E443A851B5E.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I made a lot of these and give them away to friends . They are EZ to make and a lot cheaper than buying one. The plans are on-line somewhere. I used 2 inch PVC pipe an most of them and I tried a 3 inch PVC also. I used some Stainless Steel rod for the pull rod and welded a "T" handle to it and I threaded it on the other end 1/4-20 and I used a circular gasket cutter to cut out several circular pieces of Butyl Rubber for the suction part of this device. It worked fine BUT down the road I wanted to install 2 check valves so I could push / pull this device to speed up my useage instead of just sucking material . Pretty simple device and construction. A added plus for me was that I had the parts already !

OP
OP
O

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a lot of these and give them away to friends . They are EZ to make and a lot cheaper than buying one. The plans are on-line somewhere. I used 2 inch PVC pipe an most of them and I tried a 3 inch PVC also. I used some Stainless Steel rod for the pull rod and welded a "T" handle to it and I threaded it on the other end 1/4-20 and I used a circular gasket cutter to cut out several circular pieces of Butyl Rubber for the suction part of this device. It worked fine BUT down the road I wanted to install 2 check valves so I could push / pull this device to speed up my useage instead of just sucking material . Pretty simple device and construction. A added plus for me was that I had the parts already !
I know they are not hard to make. I have a couple that I’ve made before as well. Getting a good seal on the round bits can be tough, plus some fellas hardly have the time to prospect let alone build a sucker in the garage.

Building one is cheaper but not drastically and for anyone who may be interested these work great and I have a good thirty outings on mine and it’s kickin ass.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
A circle gasket cutter will do a EXCELENT job on cutting out these Butyl rubber gaskets to do the good job in sealing for the suction needed to make this work fine ! These are Winter time projects. And I us multiple circular rubber rings to make sure I got a real good seal !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread