What's new

IH #3 for the year

jrf30

Bronze Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
385
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I just posted my May totls, since I didn't expect to go through much more before I leave town, but today I found a 1908 IH. It is in pretty good condition too. :-)

I'll add it to the list and it iwll show in my June totlas, but i actually found it today. 3ofr the year so far. that matches last year's total.

John
 
Upvote 0
Can we see a pic? How many coins did you go through to find it?

Jason
 
JasonB said:
Can we see a pic? How many coins did you go through to find it?

Jason

I've found six so far, and that is after about 610,000 coins. So about 1 every 100,000. And 98,000 copper and 1,100 wheat rounded, so about 001% on IH, 16% copper, and 0.2% wheat.

I'll work on a pic, but don't have one right now.
 
Thanks for those percentages. I appreciate that.
 
Nice job on the IH John. It seems like those are pretty rare.

My husband just found two last week after months of searching so I think they are hard to come by.

Congrats!!
 
jrf30 said:
I've found six so far, and that is after about 610,000 coins. So about 1 every 100,000. And 98,000 copper and 1,100 wheat rounded, so about 001% on IH, 16% copper, and 0.2% wheat.

Your luck is much better than mine... at least this year.

Just shy of 600,000 pennies (585,435) searched this year and nary a Indian Head to be found though my wheats are a bit higher at 1,845. Not collecting copper except for a S-mints and a few early memorial dates if I spot them. I don't have time to sell bulk copper and I don't want to hold it.

Also with no ryedale that would force me to look at every date instead of just the ones with the obverse showing. Takes me about 30 minutes to search a $50 bag of pennies this way. One of these days I am going to break my streak.

Now if I include the end of last year where I didn't find an IHC in the last 200,000 pennies I am at a IHC'less streak getting close to 800,000
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom