What's new

IH Indian Head (Just The Head!)Pin

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug this one today. Thought we would share this with you . "One Mans Trash" (T-net) Said, That these were cut out of Penny's with jewelers saws and wire blades. Can you imagine how tedious that could be?
 

Attachments

  • DSC00067.webp
    DSC00067.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 612
  • DSC00068.webp
    DSC00068.webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 617
  • DSC00069.webp
    DSC00069.webp
    50.2 KB · Views: 615
  • thumbnail.webp
    thumbnail.webp
    4.3 KB · Views: 600
Upvote 0
interesting find for sure i've seen them dug before as well as the outer ring to make a pendent great find thought
 
Very cool find.
Let me know if you find a Merc. :thumbsup:
-MM-
 
Oh the things people would do for entertainment before TV was invented... Neat find!
 
I'd love to dig one of those....super find!
 
4-H staff said:
Thanks! It was one of those targets you cou could hear but not find. you know what I'm saying?

Your trusty pinpointer will find it. My $14.99 cheapie will locate even a tiny ketchup pack fragment.
 
thats awesome!
 
cool! is the back sanded smooth? seems like you would see some detail back there...
 
Now that's a cool find ... good job and continued good luck on your next hunt!
 
They are pretty cool, I have a British Farthing version but no pin, or marks were a pin might have been. I always wondered why they did this. maybe mine never made it into full production or maybe it had another use as a lucky or demo piece :thumbsup:
 
How cool is that!

Good Luck and Happy Hunting,

Dugholes
 
It is tedious work. I used to make them as an extra money making scheme. Would have to buy the coins from a federal reserve bank, to get a recieit, so as to not get busted for defacing U.S. coinage. Would glue or solder posts, rings, tie tacs, bezels to them afterwards. A set, tie tack, and pair of cufflinks would set ya back 25.00. Would buy slightly worn coins. Silver dollar with fields removed, turned into pendant would cost ya 50.00. I don't do it anymore because jewelers saw blades got way to expensive.........NGE
 
That is cool! I might learn how to do that! It sounds like a fun hobby! :) That way when JuJu and I go detecting this summer, I can plant a silver Coin head in the ground for him :D He will be astonished, but annoyed lol
 
Hey Freak, just another note. Don't get in a hurry when cutting coins, the blades are very brittle.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom