What's new

Ike Dollar Coins?

Silversound

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
84
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
SoCal
Ok, I've been trying to get the story straight on dollar coins for a while - From what I've learned the only Ike Dollars (1971-1978) that have silver are the S-Proofs (40%), while the Morgans and Peace dollars are 90%. Feel free to correct me if that's incorrect. Does anyone have any key date or error information for the Ikes?

Thanks,
George
 
Upvote 0
The peg leg ike is a popular one. It has an R with one of its legs cut off. There is also some errors on the little planet earth on the back I think.

Golden Silver
 
1976 & 72 have types

The 76 reverse has bold letters & fine lettering type 1 & 2

The 1972 P has 3 types and is in the little earth over the shoulder of the eagle landing on the Moon.

The types center around the Islands south of the Florida key's

I just posted a photo of the type 2 I got last month. No islands visable.

The S proof coins are 40% silver and also come in a copper nickle clad Vareity. so all proofs are not 40%. you can hear the silver when the coins clank togeather.

Mojo
 

Attachments

  • type 2 72p ike.webp
    type 2 72p ike.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 319
  • type 2 72p ike.webp
    type 2 72p ike.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 324
I see the e-pay prices, is $10 the going rate for dealer 40%? ffd
 
Fistfulladirt said:
I see the e-pay prices, is $10 the going rate for dealer 40%? ffd


FFD,

I have seen them for sale at coin stores for $7-$8 each.

Jim
 
Melt value for them is currently $4.14. JP
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom