What's new

Ike Dollars ?

Stacker62

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2020
Messages
39
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to see if anyone is hunting Ike dollars right now and see if your finding anything good like mixed in peace dollars or Morgans, silver Ikes? etc etc
 
Upvote 0
If you can get rolls of Ike dollars from a bank, grab them.
Cheapest on Ebay is about $2.50 each.
Cheapest I've seen recently in shops is 1.60 each.
 
It's been several years now since I got a silver dollar from a bank. That day I got 5 or 6 Peace dollars and the same number of Morgans. I still have them, maybe it was 2016 or so.
 
I rarely see any IKEs at all anymore. Somebody is really hoarding them I guess.
 
I kind of despise them after finding dozens over the years, and they being one of the ugliest coins minted next to the Franklin half.
Brothers and I used to get one on our birthdays each year back in the seventies from grandma.
I always just gave most of ‘em away.
 
If you can get rolls of Ike dollars from a bank, grab them.
Cheapest on Ebay is about $2.50 each.
Cheapest I've seen recently in shops is 1.60 each.

Really? And I've been finding them at banks and when I get enough (About 2,000) selling them to some guy for $1.10 each thinking it was a quick 10% easy profit on my money. Dang. I need to find someone who will buy from me for more than that! (I have about 1200 of them I think even right now.) Thanks. I'll look around ...
 
Rather a root canal than Eeebait sell. My time is worth thou$ands. Even if I were broke, a no go.
 
I don’t “hunt” Ike’s, but get them occasionally almost as an afterthought. I do check for the varieties when I get them. Got a couple hundred hoarded; don’t really know why. I can sell them to my LCS for $1.10 each.
 
I kind of despise them after finding dozens over the years, and they being one of the ugliest coins minted next to the Franklin half.
Brothers and I used to get one on our birthdays each year back in the seventies from grandma.
I always just gave most of ‘em away.

There's a UK Churchill crown coin from 1965 that is even uglier then the Franklin or Ike - at least IMHO. A regular contestant in ugliest coin posts.
 
Last edited:
I actually like the Franklins....to each his own I guess. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom