What's new

Ikes...? YIKES!!!

airborne1092

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
633
Reaction score
649
Golden Thread
0
Location
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummmm - should I be saving all the Ikes I can find?!?

Most are 1977, I did see a '78 once...
 
Upvote 0
airborne1092 said:
Ummmm - should I be saving all the Ikes I can find?!?

Most are 1977, I did see a '78 once...


After hearing about some people here getting old silver dollars mixed in with their Ikes, I decided to try getting them when I can.

So far not one keeper. Unless you really like them, I would not waste your time. Even when you find a rare 40% proof, it has less silver value than a 90% half.

Jim
 
Yea, no one here ever has SD rolls lyin' around.

Some have several in their trays that they'd love to get rid of, but I guess that should've tipped me off!

Thanks all!
 
Rarely someone here scores a real silver dollar from a teller. There is a rare chance of finding one if you can get 1K bags of IKES from your bank. I went through about $3600 last year and found one Peace dollar. I think Cat and LJ found a few. Needless to say I am done with them. Too much for too little.
HH, S_F :thumbsup:
 
If you come across enough of them you can look into local coin dealers. Some people on this forum claim to sell them to local dealers for more than a buck a piece. Not much more... but still... its something. ;)

~Dave
 
Funny that this comes up.
Today I went into a bank and the teller I deal with asked if I wanted 89 Ikes.
I told her I'd stop in tomorrow and look at them. I'm not expecting anything good.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom