wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't think I've ever had the fever Mick.
Maybe if it was easier to convert the stuff to cash, I could get pumped up about it. But the way things are, it's just something heavy to lug around that I can't eat or drink. I imagine that's what the Apache were thinkin as well, whenever they just tossed it aside.
And when it gets that hot, and it's not even noon yet, gold fever can get ya killed.

Bring all that gold right here, I'll make it real easy for you to convert it to cash.

Good of luck and stay safe and if you need some one to take the heat I'm your guy, I'm here for you man.

Wrmickel1

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That part I certainly can't argue with, plus I guess it gives you something to get excited about your next trip out there.

It would, but I've been far more fired up about something else out there.
Part of a longer-term project which, if I'm correct in theory, will probably wind up being far more controversial IMO.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring all that gold right here, I'll make it real easy for you to convert it to cash.

Good of luck and stay safe and if you need some one to take the heat I'm your guy, I'm here for you man.

Wrmickel1

Thanks for the offer Mick, but considering my nationality, the legal aspects are also a factor that I have to consider.

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold is a commodity, You have the right to own it or sale it I deal in commodities world wide everyday its all legit, I know lots of custom brokers who would be happy to place your gold ore right on your door step no matter where you live. I do that day in day out for 17 years now.

Wrmickel1

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is a commodity, You have the right to own it or sale it I deal in commodities world wide everyday its all legit, I know lots of custom brokers who would be happy to place your gold ore right on your door step no matter where you live. I do that day in day out for 17 years now.

Wrmickel1

Someday hopefully ill need you to help me out with that. That is of course, if you would be willing to help me out? Can you help with sliver also?

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing how deep the horse feed gets around here.

So you boys are saying Gold is not a Commodity, And that's tons and tons of ore is not shipped around the World, Then please tell me how I seam to have Brazilian Granite Countertops in my Kitchen and Canadian Maple leaf coins of gold,
and how did the golf course on power road get black sand in there sand traps, Surely Frank and Vast should no that one.
I do I put it there from far far away.

So you's two tell me where it came from, Place of origin please.

Wrmickel1

And Yes I can move Silver ore Too. It's a Commodity

Wrmickel1

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, you two its Hawaii, The best black sand beaches in the World.
The year It was placed in the traps on the Volcano green 1986.
The man in charge was a dude named Ron Carr!

Check it out Frank your a Cop!

best to ya

Wrmickel1

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
See I worked for the dude that owned all the Discovery Banks in the Phoenix Area back then, He wanted black sand Sand Traps He got it,

Wrmickel1

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
I've worn many shoes as my life evolved, I try not to keep the same pair to long, it's a waste of Adventure, I've even walked about four miles into those big drain tunnels in Vegas and handed out money and took swigs with them homeless people that live there, Something most of you would never do. Fear to no compassion to oh well I have a nice house and cars, WHY BOTHER!

it drives me

Wrmickel1

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Ohh, My wife was so pissed off she did'nt talk to me for a month, that was the nice!

Don't tell her I dated that,

Wrmickel1

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the offer Mick, but considering my nationality, the legal aspects are also a factor that I have to consider.

The only legal roadblocks for you are 1) your Canadian citizenship - you need to be a US citizen to file a mining claim in the US; 2) the status of the ground the deposit lies on - it needs to be open to mineral entry and not already claimed by another. You'll need a US partner to file a claim if the ground is open. Otherwise, you're in like Flynn - it's strictly a business venture, and as Mick said, gold is currently a commodity, legal to own in any form since 1974. Of course, there better be lots of gold there, because you ain't gonna make it with a copper mine.

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Somehiker

Copper or gold or whatever, Take samples a vain that good can be tested by a electronic tester which is fairly cheap and you can use on the spot. Apply for dual citizenship which you will mostly be granted in reasonable time. If the land is open for claiming file your claim. If it's Copper contact the copper mines in the area and see if there's enough interest in buying your claim from you. Don't fret there's a huge interest in Native Copper chunks in the collection market.

Babymick1

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it that I still can't convince anyone that I found a large diamond in Reno many many years ago that I named the Tia Juana...The bride of the Uncle Sam...lol... Oh well... IF I can't convince those close to me how can I expect to convince anyone else??? Right???

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only legal roadblocks for you are 1) your Canadian citizenship - you need to be a US citizen to file a mining claim in the US; 2) the status of the ground the deposit lies on - it needs to be open to mineral entry and not already claimed by another. You'll need a US partner to file a claim if the ground is open. Otherwise, you're in like Flynn - it's strictly a business venture, and as Mick said, gold is currently a commodity, legal to own in any form since 1974. Of course, there better be lots of gold there, because you ain't gonna make it with a copper mine.

That's pretty much what I was talking about and have already looked into the restrictions and formalities involved.
The timing of any plan of action, if all looks to be worthwhile, would make or break it I guess. Fortunately, even though it's pretty visible once you know where to look, it's also somewhat isolated and well away from any claims of record that I have been able to research. I haven't come across any posts or other markers nearby, although the whole area appears at least moderately mineralized (copper/iron/manganese). There is more quartz scattered around than what shows in my photo, but the entire area is also interesting for other reasons as well.
If any of you guys would like to see closeups or shots of samples you think I should take from particular spots in that photo, circle a couple of locations and re-post it.....I'll see what I can do.
Don't expect to see the results until sometime in November though.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That part I certainly can't argue with, plus I guess it gives you something to get excited about your next trip out there.

BTW: Among the "other reasons" I mentioned in the reply to scdfia above.....
This is in the same area as that mountaintop with the stone arch and old trail that you had asked me about last year.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it that I still can't convince anyone that I found a large diamond in Reno many many years ago that I named the Tia Juana...The bride of the Uncle Sam...lol... Oh well... IF I can't convince those close to me how can I expect to convince anyone else??? Right???

A photo and some kind of appraisal document would probably help to generate more interest John.
Without that, what's to say ?

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
BTW: Among the "other reasons" I mentioned in the reply to scdfia above.....
This is in the same area as that mountaintop with the stone arch and old trail that you had asked me about last year.

Interesting that there's a Arch there to, All the Arches are placed in there spots for a reason, perhaps a religious organization was involved,

Babymick1

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Well here are some other things to look for when your out,

IMG_1365.JPG IMG_1349.JPG IMG_1355.JPG

A cannon ball ball found near camel back mountain which a old guy said it was the Target practice range for the Calvary in the 1800 hundreds and a fossil and a chunk of that Silver mine I found, Very full of Silver

IMG_1364.JPG

And heart shaped rocks

IMG_1350.JPG

And a clam fossil and more

IMG_1359.JPG

And a concealment ring used to fool the eye
to what ever was hidden, will show that later on.

IMG_1358.JPG

Side shot of the groove that held a stone of the same stones in the area, With markings on it, will show later

Keep your eyes on the target

Wrmickel1

Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A photo and some kind of appraisal document would probably help to generate more interest John.
Without that, what's to say ?

maybe I'm mistaken, but the tone of most of his posts sound like someone seeking funding/investment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread