I'm getting a new machine

Trapper340

Aug 21, 2016
Lebanon missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Came home to with my finds 3.67 . weekends total is 5.29 no silver, and no gold. Wife ask me where her rings are and I told her in the ground and I just haven't found them. Then out of the blue she said why don't you get that AT Pro you been wanting and may be you can find some. I forgot to tell her that maybe I'm not in a location where they been drop, anyway I'm getting me a new machine. She all full good to me .:happysmiley:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife said the same thing in a way. She asked me why I wasn't going out deeper in the water to get the good stuff so I said well my detector can only go in so far so she said get one that will do the job. She wants some bling!

So I bought an Excalibur II for my B day (its tomorrow) and it is now sitting in my man cave waiting for its maiden voyage. I wasn't allowed to use it until my day was over! LOL

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With that Machine your Wife Should Be Yoinking A lot of Bling cant wait to see your Posts Red gets Her ace 400 Before I Can Get Mine Bills First though!!!!

cjweber

Sep 26, 2016
Missouri (for now)
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, and that damned old Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I play the new detector game a little riskier than you guys... first my wife cant tell the difference between a bounty hunter or a CTX 3030... second, she couldn't care less about my toys... maybe she will when I bring home my first ring...

ironman123

Sep 1, 2016
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 w/DD Coil.
Nokta Makro Legend Pro Pak w/11" and 6" Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Luck with your new detector, my wife is just glad I found a hobby and supports it by getting me the gear I need for birthday's or Christmas. She also does not get upset even though I hunt every weekend (all weekend). I think she's a keeper. 29 years and going strong. :icon_thumright: She knows that she gets dibbs on all the bling I dig. Out of about 50 rings dug, she has only liked one.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the new AT PRO.
You're going to like that machine. It will
do lots of stuff that the ACE 250 can't do.
It will give you better depth, an accurate target identification, the ability to use different coils, and it really does well in fresh water.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine likes the fact that I have a hobby I enjoy. But so far it has been my finds that have paid for my upgrades.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My wife is amazed at the historical and old coin finds, but she really doesn't like metal detecting. :dontknow: With that said, she never impedes my pursuit of the hobby. :icon_thumright:

I also move the detectors around the basement and living quarters. This keeps her wondering; how many detectors does he really have... :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions