Im in a quandry

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I'm in a quandry

The first love of my life was 6 years older than me .We lived in her parent's motel complex for 3 years in the high country of Dillon,CO while my father worked the hard rock in the Climax moly mine .
We came back to WV in late 1956. Some family members remained for a time and years later shared with us that a couple years after we left that beautiful darkeyed girl died in a fall from a cliff .
Suspicion was that her boyfriend had pushed her.No proof...
Googled Dillon ,Co cemetary today and some photographer had a pic of the headstone ...
" Connie Lynn Offerson 11/14/44 to 8/29/58" in the relocated Dillon Cemetary .
Chilled me to the bone .
Further searching turned up her brother ; who was my buddy during those years, with no listed phone numbers and her 84 year old mother with a number .
I'd like to refresh old friendships but do not wish to rip scabs off an 84 year old woman's wounds for the sake of nostalgia .
All opinions will be considered. ;D

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Re: I'm in a quandry

If you left on good terms, I don't really see a problem. Why not dash off a letter explaing you want to try and contact her son and why. Give your name, addy, and phone #. Let them decide whether to pass on the info on.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

As I've said to a couple cousins and friends in thier last days, "What wouldn't we give to be 8 or 10 again and chasing fish out of the water at the swamp. Even knowing we'd have to go through all the hard times awaiting us from that age on."

Never hurts to rebuild those old smiles, the ones you don't think you have left anymore.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

stoney56 said:
If you left on good terms, I don't really see a problem. Why not dash off a letter explaing you want to try and contact her son and why. Give your name, addy, and phone #. Let them decide whether to pass on the info on.

I agree but before you do try classmates.com and facebook also. Register and do a search for your friend. You would be surprised how many people are on one of the 2 sites.

S

Smee

www.veromi.net has a neat search tool.

Know the last name and at least one of the following:

First name
city, state

and you can find out where to start looking for them. Pulls credit headers to tease us skiptracers to spend money. Sometimes just knowing where to start looking is enough to find a long lost debtor.

It also gives relatives names and roomates. Hope it helps.

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Thanks ,all ;
I think a letter with a stamped self addressed envelope included will be the most noninvasive approach .
The lady has the option of responding or simply mailing an empty envelope if she wishes no contact.
I'm interested to see where this stick floats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions