Im new to this site...

Johnnie B.

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to this site...

Hello,

I'm new to this site and have a question.

About 25 years ago I bought a Bounty Hunter "Big Bud Pro" metal detector. I really have never been fully satisfied with it since I had a friend that had a white detector and he would go over ground that I had already covered and he found items that I never got a beep on. Though he has been using his longer than I have. Is the Bounty Hunter a good detector? I paid $600 for it back in 1987 or 1988. I think the salesman saw me coming, but that's just my opinion. Any advice any of you would have will greatly be appreciated. Thanks John

I am considering buying my a Garret detector soon.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Johnnie did he have a bigger coil than yours? If that's still the detector you use, I'd get a newer one and get one that comes with a nice sized double D coil. You can get a descent detector for $300 or less.

gigispop7

Mar 22, 2009
Oklahoma city,Ok
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett AT gold, Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good place to start . all kinds of information here .
the best treasure site around .

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Now, when you have time - you might consider browsing Forum > Metal Detecting > Brands > Bounty Hunter. One thing I have learned - you can have the best (or worse) MD in the entire world - if you aren't comfortable with it (beeps, settings, etc.) you will miss treasures. Practice, practice and more practice. Anyway - browse the forum - we have a number of threads on the "Big Bud Pro."

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! If you are thinking of a Garrett product the AT Pro is a good choice when getting back "into the swing of things".

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the MD information H.Q. ... :evil5:

OP
OP
J

Johnnie B.

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all of you for the warm welcomes. I'm from Illinois. I will edit my profile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread