What's new

I’m on my way for a hunt I need advice

Truth

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
14,366
Reaction score
32,167
Golden Thread
2
Location
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m going to afford that I detect that and it’s getting hot out I was wondering if I should use another kHz
And which one will work best in ground that’s not mineralized at all?
 
I'd say something in the 20 khz range. It's all purpose. That's the "safe" answer. Personally, I like the highest frequency possible as NOBODY has hit the site with a really high frequency and I pull a lot of stuff out that way.
 
Unless there is some reason to use a single frequency (such as bad EMI, or, tiny gold) Multi works the best on a Nox800 for all around detecting. An argument can be made for using 4khz for I.D.ing deep high conductors, but, I would only use that to confirm, not hunt in that mode.
 
Hey Smokey hey Cuda Malan is drying up so hard I’m trying to speak other languages to it I did 40 kHz large coil small coil I got a war nickel I think it’s giving up most of what it’s got.
That place was real good to me change my life but I think it’s time to let her rest
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom