DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm richer in character, at least.

Went out detecting today after work, and hit a new spot I'd been looking at for a while, but it's usually swarmed with people. There are some tennis courts there and I went around the perimeter and found a bunch of trash, along with two "relics", I guess you could call them. (Three if you count the el-cheapo shades.) The first one is some sort of Oriental talisman-type deal and the second is a piece of brass that someone drilled a hole in to wear, evidently.
043.jpg 038.jpg 045.jpg

I think someone must have shot for coins through there because, man, did I dig a lot of trash with nothing in between! I just can't seem to help myself from digging everything I get my coil over.....:BangHead: The picture isn't even all of it, just a flavorful assortment. :thumbsup:

Gave up after digging nothing but trash and went to a bark-infested playground where I scored my meager amount of clad. I had a great time digging today, however! It was fun!

Upvote 4

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net! We all pay the price in digging the trash but that is part of the game. Plus digging the trash keeps you healthy haha You had a good day though with the Chinese coin maybe and the brass.
Hang in there! We feel your pain.
Welcome!
TnMtns

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome..........
Sounds like some of my days........always looking for a new area to explore to take some sample sweeps and digs. Most are giving up Lincolns, Zincolns and loads of slaw. Then I'll go to a tot lot for battery funds...........or to one (of my 2) "go to spots" for coins.
Been waiting for some rain to go to one of the "permissions" I got from four 1800's farms in the area..........I'll tackle one of them this weekend.

Just keep after it and good things should happen..........

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're getting outdoors, swinging the coil, and having fun.
Who could ask for more?
Congrats on your finds and welcome to TNET

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! With all of the retirees in your area you are bound to have some metal detecting competition. No worries, you will learn quickly as I did, no place is ever hunted out and there are always new drops in public places. Think outside of the box, slow down and hit the less traveled areas, the fringes, (especially at public schools that allow it ) the places most detectorists would just not bother. Might be fruitful! Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions