What's new

I'm Rooting For This Cow Moose

Cariboo5

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,665
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Taking a guess and the only thing I can think of that would do this damage is wolves attacking her while giving birth in June.
She found my mineral lick and has been there steady eating. I usually replenish it every 2 weeks but now I will every week to
give her more minerals to hopefully heal faster. I'm hoping she makes a speedy recovery ......
 

Attachments

  • Wloves Bites 3.webp
    Wloves Bites 3.webp
    131.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Wloves Bites 1.webp
    Wloves Bites 1.webp
    167.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Wloves Bites 2.webp
    Wloves Bites 2.webp
    152.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Wloves Bites 4jpg.webp
    Wloves Bites 4jpg.webp
    414.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Wloves Bites 5jpg.webp
    Wloves Bites 5jpg.webp
    344.7 KB · Views: 57
Hope she heals up, and keep helping her along. I tip my hat to you sir for your thoughtfulness.
 
ncsuwolf, they certainly are and seem to get even bigger when one has to pack them out...

Thanks peererj, an extra drop or two of diesel is well worth it if the mineral will help get her back health wise..

releventchair .. close call on the hamstrings for sure ...
 
That's too bad, I love Moose especially moose burgers. Having lived in Alaska a very long time, Ive seen literally 'tons' of Moose
 
Only thing I could think of that would cause that too and the moose probably won out. We have a lot of them here, sometimes they will be walking around downtown. We have to watch the tourists, cause moose just look like big gentle deer, but they can be very dangerous. Don't try to take selfies with them.
 
Taking a guess and the only thing I can think of that would do this damage is wolves attacking her while giving birth in June.
She found my mineral lick and has been there steady eating. I usually replenish it every 2 weeks but now I will every week to
give her more minerals to hopefully heal faster. I'm hoping she makes a speedy recovery ......
Boy, that is sad, I'm rooting for her as well.

A lot of folks like predators (including me) until they see them doing predator things.
 
Only thing I could think of that would cause that too and the moose probably won out. We have a lot of them here, sometimes they will be walking around downtown. We have to watch the tourists, cause moose just look like big gentle deer, but they can be very dangerous. Don't try to take selfies with them.
They certainly can be dangerous rginn as with any wild animal.... I've learned to let my trail cams take selfies .... L O L
 
Last edited:
Boy, that is sad, I'm rooting for her as well.

A lot of folks like predators (including me) until they see them doing predator things.
And like yourself I also like seeing predators Ron. On one hand nature is beautiful and rewarding ... On the other nature is brutally honest when survival is at stake..
 
Mother nature can be mean. Hope she heals up !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom