What's new

Im thinking about CRH in Canada

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
I'm thinking about CRH in Canada

Scuba Steve and I have been thinking about going north and trying some CRH in Canada. I'll bet with all those silver edges in those Canadian Coins it would be easy silver with the quarters and dimes.

What do you think ?
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm thinking about CRH in Canada

It is worth a shot. I would just use a magnet. Have you found a bank up there that has coin counters?

I would think halves would be the most profitable.


HH
65GT350
 
Re: I'm thinking about CRH in Canada

Dumping would be a main concern? How far are you from the border? next time I am there I am doing it. But be sure to ask the banks how they like to accept the reutrns!
 
Re: I'm thinking about CRH in Canada

worth a try!!
 
Re: I'm thinking about CRH in Canada

I'm about 3 hours drive away. Halves would be good ,but I'm thinking more along the line of quarters and dimes because they have not changed much since 1952,and the dates are pretty small on the dimes.
It has been a long time since I've been there ,but I would imagine that the banks are just the same as ours,and have coin counters.
 
Re: I'm thinking about CRH in Canada

Someone here said that canada silver halfs are larger than current halfs and would not fit in the same roll. There may be a few solid silver rolls if the tellers don't pay attention. that would limit you to dimes and quarters. siegfried schlagrule
 
Re: I'm thinking about CRH in Canada

I would give it a whirl ...as far as halves they are just slighty smaller than ours ..but I think that you guys have the right idea trying the quarters and dimes , halves are fairly hard to find in Canada. Dont forget the Loonies the dollar coins you can find them easily but the clad ones have huge mintages over the silver ones but if you can score some they worth around 9.00.



Sounds like a fun road trip , Ed
 
Re: I'm thinking about CRH in Canada

Hey if were finding silver dimes and quarters down here i would imagine you would do great up there. wonder why we have no posts from anyone up there or near the border here on Tnet.... :icon_scratch:
anyway good luck and keep us informed of your finds :thumbsup:
 
Re: I'm thinking about CRH in Canada

I'm a Canadian and there are a lot of collectors in Canada. Silver is hard to find in rolls, I know because I search a lot.
 
Re: I'm thinking about CRH in Canada

i THINK BETH THE CANADIAN WANTS IT ALL FOR HIMSELF ANDIS TRYING TO DETER ANYONE FROM GETTING CANADIAN SILVER! LOL. i AM NOT BUYING IT. BUT I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I AM BUYING AND THAT IS CANADIAN SILVER. QUEBEC HERE I COME BIENVENUE. BON VOYAGE. BONJOUR OUI SIL VOUS PLAIT AND ALL THAT MESS. CANADA IS THE WILD WEST FOR SILVER. ITS FULL OF WHISKEY WOMEN GOLD AND SILVER BOYS! GO GET EM.

GOLDEN SILVER
 
Re: I'm thinking about CRH in Canada

When GS gets back from SPAIN ,paid for in SILVER ,lets all go north!
 
Re: I'm thinking about CRH in Canada

Agree with Golden Silver,

I am right now packing to go to Canada.

DW
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom