What's new

Im very sorry but...

fuzymunky

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2012
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
Golden Thread
0
Location
CO
Detector(s) used
Retired: Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro -------
Active: White's DFX 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've searched high and low to ID this coin I found, and all I can come up with is that it came from a casino in Colorado, where I live. Its stamped .999 Pure Silver, and I'm the most sceptical person I know. I've found them on eBay for sale...they never seem to sell (nor do I have the inclination to sell this, even if it turns out to be rubbish).

As I stated, I've seen them on eBay (from what I've seen, they are a set of six coins, from six different tribes), but not found one listing that has identified the origin of the coins themselves.

I'd give anyone here a wooden nickel if they could and/or would be willing to give me any kind of history on this.

If I've posted this in the wrong area I sincerely apologize, I know some forums can be touchy about people posting subjects in the wrong area. I have been following this forum for months and cannot tell you the debt I already owe every one of you. I finally decided to join and participate/assist where I can.

Thank you in advance for any info anyone can provide. For example: I cannot, for the life of me, be convinced that the rim of this coin is silver. I'm also fully aware that any Joe can stamp a coin ".999 Pure Silver", so unless someone knows with certainty that there is any type (and relative weight) of silver in this coin, I'm going to toss it in the middle of my living room and watch my kids wrestle over it, its quite entertaining (I'm kidding about that last part, of course).

Again, my thanks to anyone that can help. Good day.
 
Last edited:
Aaaaaaaand, I'm certain it would be supremely helpful to include my pictures...no?



back.webp



front.webp
 
I tip my hat to you sir for reaching out and finding this for me. I too, read this area of the worth point auction. Seems the silver "claim" may be legitimate. I'd really like to find out when it was minted and what the silver content is (for my cataloging purposes).

If the last paragraph is true (dealers will not sell them anymore unless they have duplicates), perhaps I'm on to something. If so, I'd have to say not too bad for finding it while watching my daughter play in the lake.

Thank you again!
 
as far as silver content token is
1,11/16" in diameter, 1/8" thick with a weight of 38.6 grams troy with a .999 silver center with a weight approximately 18.06 grams
.

Which I Take as approximately 18.06 grams of .999 silver (.999 is as pure as it gets)

as for Mint date, looks like they suggest between 1995 & 2000 but no exact date

From 1995 to 2000 t were Silver Strike Slot Machines in casinos all over the United States, on cruise ships and river boats. This pure silver coin comes from Colorado , Central City, Black Hawk or Cripple Creek
.

Definitely a cool find
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom