In a parking lot I never planned on stopping at.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got off early last Friday to pick up my daughter from college for the long weekend. It is normally a 20-25 min drive from work. There was a bad accident on the freeway to the south of me. Her school is to the north. The freeway was shutdown and every other freeway east of L.A. was now a parking lot. After two hours of a round about drive (I was not going to get on the fwy) I fineally got to her dorm at 5PM and she decided she was hungry. So on the drive home (normally 15 min) I stopped at a mall so she could go in and get something.

My legs were killing me so I decided to walk around the parking lot to stretch them out. On the way back to the car I saw what looked like a pulltab about 15-20 feet out of my way. Something didn't look right about that tab, it was just too shiny. So I walked a little closer and decided I better pick it up. It had been driven over a few times but I could tell it was gold and diamonds. Only 10K but I fix the value at $38.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CHAINCHOMP said:
nice score!
Thanks, just walked another parking lot last week. and found a silver colored earring. it was so beatup all I could tell is that it used to be jewelry. But it looked like silver and had some weight to it. So I took it home and tested it. JUNK >:(

as I always say

sometimes your the bug :-\

and

sometimes your the windshield ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread