In a Rut . . . Hunting Parner Needed in Mid Michigan

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
I have been detecting for over 10 years and I have always loved the hobby, never really taking a break from it. Well, lately I've been avoiding detecting for some reason. I think the problem is I always go hunting alone. I had a few bad outings in a row (lots of work, no results) and that combined with no change in scenery is dragging me down. I'm in a rut to say the least. Does anyone have a spot to share with me in the next couple of weekends to get me back in the swing of things? I'll share what spots I got, but what I got aint that great right now. I'm looking for old coins and relics. I'd love to hunt a farm field or a good wooded site. I'm definitely not looking to steal a site from anyone - I'll give you two locations for one. ;D I just gotta get out and try my luck in some new areas. Heck, even an old park would work right about now. If you don't want to hunt, throw me directions to a cool site, and I'll email you back two of mine :thumbsup:

I'm close to Saginaw,BayCity etc. and also I work in All of the metro Detroit Area.

thanks,
Ian

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Ian,

Sorry your in a rut and that I live so far away as i am drenched in great spots to hunt. We just had a group of T-Neters come here and spend the day hunting and if you take a peek at the posts here in the Michigan Forum by Prober and Jim C you'll be able ot see alot of the finds we all made. Also it tells exactly where we were hunting at so if you did come this way it would give you a few places to try out. Keep your chin up as we all go through those "Dry" spells, I am sure that you'll bounce back in a big way with some terrific finds very soon!

HH
Slipperyjack47

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
I am going to assume when you work in detroit area you take 75

I am in clarkston which is a bout 25 minutes south of flint if your down this way, This is my first year in the hobby but i been doing pretty damn good so far i think. if you your going to be down this way lets hook up i have quite a few sites near this area that i think have some promise, could use some tips from an experienced hobbyist also, i have been finding coins and relics, nothing spectacular yet but i am finding stuff anywhere from 1" to 18" so far
i took the entire weekend off over the 4th starting next wednesday and plan to locate and hit 2 or 3 sites, I'd love to have some company, some of these are kinda freaky walking around out there alone, especially when your digging, i find myself stopping to look around quite a bit.
also i see your sporting a dfx in your collection, a bit of some tips on tweaks for the xlt would be nice too since these machines are pretty close to the same thing
DanTheMan

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Check with Bongo1962, he's from Flint. He might want to join you guys for a hunt or two or three.

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
hey mike,
I have been doing some field work this week locating a few home sites, I am trying to find a few that arent grown over so bad you cant get around in.
Ill give you a ring later this week and hpopefully we can set something up

dan

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds good. oh i made a small killing at borden park. i never seen so many quaters on top of the ground so glad i didnt do any digging. i got alomt 7 dollars total for 3 hours not bad after a firework show

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions