Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rest In Peace BosnMate.... you will be missed.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met Dale in Roseburg, I was there for an eye surgery. Prior to my trip I PM'd him and mentioned when I would be there. He says.. I'll buy you lunch! We met here, on T-net. We had the "my daily snapshot" thread in common.... we agreed in the political section also.
A great guy, we noticed right away. I just got the feeling, a great first impression, a genuine person. He received a few "Thank you for your service" comments. (his hat) We being (me, my wife and daughter) I have been busy and missed his post about his heart attack or I would have called him and more the likely drove the 3 hours to visit him. We had a short visit so I did not know of the extraordinary... just damn cool things he had done in his life. You can read about them in his obituary.

Dale G. Nelson | Obits | nrtoday.com

If the link doesn't work Here is a copy and paste.

Dale G. Nelson was born May 19, 1937, in Fresno, CA, to Palmer Nelson and Margaret (Foreman) Nelson. Dale grew up in San Luis Obispo, CA, graduating from high school there. He joined the Navy in 1955, serving until 1958. He attended Cal Poly in the late 50s, and then moved to Nevada to work on a ranch, and become a farrier. Following that, he led groups into the back country of the Sierra Nevada Mountains with pack horses. He moved to Oregon in the 60s, where he managed his 700 hundred acre ranch with 70 head of grade cattle. He also worked a second full time job for Roseburg Lumber until his retirement.

Dale had many hobbies that he enjoyed and excelled at, including rodeo as a young man, riding broncs and roping, and later building black powder rifles and competing in regional traditional matches with his son and grandchildren. He also enjoyed videography, metal detecting, and especially making everyone around him laugh are all only a small part of what his legacy will tell.

Dale passed away March 27, 2018, in Roseburg, OR, surrounded by family and friends. He is already terribly missed by his family and friends, and those fellow veterans that he faithfully supported through volunteer service with the American Legion, and associated veterans’ volunteer opportunities.

He was preceded in death by his wife, Vivian; daughter, Traci; and grandson, Willie. He is survived by three children, Kim, Steve, and Teri; twelve grandchildren, Tyler (TJ), Shane, Lauren, Jordan, Megan, Storm, Trevor, Ezra, Rebecca, Gunnar, Rocky, and Traci; and several great-grandchildren. He is also survived by a brother, David; several nieces and nephews;and by Vivian’s children, Carlene (and Claude), Lanny and Mark; and his three younger children’s mother, Marcella.

In lieu of flowers, please consider contributions to the American Legion Post 16 in honor of his service.

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Enjoyed talking with you Bos’nMate. I’ll be talking with you later. But not just yet. TTC

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just noticed this , I'm shocked & Hurt , time fly's I you woulda asked me 'when was the last time I saw Bosnmate's , Was It a Landing Craft Avatar? , I would have said "Oh bout a Month ago'.

Man I would have been wrong , He is missed, his great photos , he just sent a good vibe out. Hard to Explain.

He saw a-lot in life losing a Wife , Daughter , Grandchild ...That Made him a stronger Man IMO , It would have to .

Even with the Trials of his life , he lived a life that I envy but in a good way . Western Living .. I can only Imagine.
May the Lord keep Blessing his family & friends.
R.I.P. & Thank you for your Service to this Great Country.
Davey

P.S. Scrolling back up I see his Avatar was indeed a Landing Craft / Glad I got that right.
Also he was born in May like me , we late Spring chickens have much in common. lol

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
This thread popped up again, and we now renew our grief from the loss of a friend.

God Bless old friend and wise contributor here.

Many of us are older now and as life goes we'll see further losses. May Our Father always honor and remember us - when we are good folk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread