ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500

jlr1076

Nov 17, 2010
Re: R.I.P. Rich Hartford

Very, very sorry to hear that. I enjoyed his posts. My best to you and the rest of his family during these tough times.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will miss his posts here.

Jim

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Simply devastating to hear this Steve. Really sorry for your loss. Every time he left his words of wisdom on this little forum everyone payed attention more so for his humorous outlook and take on things than anything to do with coins. Everyone here noticed anytime he took a break from posting here, and although it is tiny in comparison to your family's, many of us will miss him greatly as well.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, I am so saddened by this news. Rich was one great contributor to this forum. My deepest sympathies to his family. Now I know for sure there wont be any silver left in heaven.

RIP Rich Hartford.

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other

I have read some of his old posts and thank him for his contributions to this community. My condolences...

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009

aww i got the chills, darn I am so sorry to hear... dang RIP rich

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010

I am very sorry for your loss. I always looked for his post and was always amazed at the totals he would bring in. He will be missed here.

I can't imagine the pride he brought to your family after reading all the things he did for this country.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am truly at a loss for words. He was the kindest most considerate person I ever encountered on any board. We exchanged PM's where he helping me with questions and giving his opinions. Rich truly was a great man, my regret is never having met
him in person. May God give you his peace during these times of great sorrow.

I know Rich will be missed by everybody here but especially by his family. The picture of his granddaughter in his avatar should
his love for his family and his humility on his postings should the type of character and morals that was a foundation of his life.

Rich, may you rest in the eternal loving arms of our Lord and Savior.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!

I add my condolences to the rest. YOu can tell from teh posts that he was wellloved on this board. We shall miss him. :-(

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm so very sorry to hear this Scooba, so many here are going to miss your dad's presence. My deepest condolences. :(

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois

I'm so sorry to hear that. I always loved reading his posts and could tell that he was a very great person. I'm so sorry for your loss, I'll be praying for you and your family, he will be sorely missed. I appreciate that you are on this board as well since you were able to tell us.

F

Felinepeachy

OMG I am so sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am so Sorry for your loss. I loved to read his post, Prayers go out to your family. RIP Rich Hartford.

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro

Heart-felt condolences to you and your family, Steve!
A shock to us all! What remarkable achievements and accomplishments!
My deep sympathies!
- Grizz

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I too enjoyed his posts and insights. My deepest sympathies.

ancesthntr

Apr 15, 2011

I am relatively new to the forum, but I have read a few of his posts and could tell what kind of a person he was from them. Also, it is easy to see the affection for him both on this thread and elsewhere - and nobody gets that without deserving it. I am sorry for your loss, and though words cannot change anything, I hope that you and your family will derive comfort from what people here thought of him, and also from your memories of him. We've all lost loved ones, but so long as we remember them and pass on their stories and wisdom, they're never truly gone.

FIRE310

Mar 22, 2011
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO, Ace 250, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So sorry for your loss. While new to the board I enjoyed reading his posts as a lurker for a few years. It was very clear how much he loved his family and grandchildren. God Speed Rich

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC

I am sorry to hear this, he was a good person, always willing to help others.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread