In Memory of Trk5capt ~ TNet Member

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Re: In Memoriam - Trk5capt

Another TNET member has logged off. I have read a lot of his post. Didn’t really know him personally but some people you can tell what they are like by what they write.
Defiantly a HERO member in more way than one.
He will be missed.
Please add him to the TNET past members’ memorial area. Ok so there isn’t one. Maybe it could happen.

HHH
Happy hunting in Heaven

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have just gotten back after an extended absence and just found out about John. I am so sorry to hear of his passing. He will be greatly missed.

Huntin' 59er

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Attachments

• Tnet Memorial Angel.GIF
    Tnet Memorial Angel.GIF
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,078
  • trk5capt.jpg
    trk5capt.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,124
  • Tnet Memorial Angel.GIF
    Tnet Memorial Angel.GIF
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,073
K

Kentucky Kache

Re: In Memory of trk5capt

Attachments

• remembrance.jpg
    remembrance.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 987

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

We never met but I feel I have lost a good friend here at TN.

Sleep peacefully
George

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in Memory of John McGinnigle AKA Trk5capt.

just Received.

Hello Jeff,
Been a long time since I have bee on the treasurenet. I have some news that truly breaks my heart. My detecting buddy and best friend has passed away. John McGinnigle AKA Trk5capt. Liver complications and cancer as a result. He retired from one of the Charleston Fire Departments not to long ago. I started a detecting club in Goose Creek, SC last March and John was all about educating detectorists about Civil war Battle's and his knowledge of Civil war was relics was impressive. His health was starting to deteriorate and still wanted me to go through with the club. Through the months, John had exceptionally good days along with tiring days from the Kemo treatment. About the beginning of November I had scheduled our first club Hunt at the Isle of Palms Beach in SC and told John that I would pick him up and take him out there. He was excited about this but was still not feeling to well. He was supposed to be accepted as a transplant candidate in North Carolina, but he was refused. His wife had taken him to the ER Sunday evening 11-04 with complications and passed 11-06. We had our hunt the following Saturday in honor of him. . Jeff, John was the first person that I contacted through Treasurenet and became real close. I still have the original message that I sent John. There are several people on treasurenet that knew we hunted together and I have not been able to contact anyone. I know it has been hard on John's family and I am not coping with this to well myself. If there is any way to let treasurenet members know about John, I would greatly appreciate it. Please Inform PBK first, as I know the he had the opportunity to meet John. I think it was last June, if I recall. It is hard to try and write another letter like this to PBK. John and I had some grate times detecting together and I truly miss him. Thanks for any support, Art...

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
Re: in Memory of John McGinnigle AKA Trk5capt.

Trk5capt?? I dont beleive in it...He was not very old...RIP my dear friend...

Iunno

Dec 26, 2007

Although i did not personally know trk5capt, i feel the compassion and friendship you guys shared with him. It makes me glad to know that this hobby can give life to so many friendships. I like to believe that we all die for a reason. I do not know what John's reason was, but i'm sure it was a good one. May you rest in peace John. With the risk of sounding a tad cliche, i'll say that he is in a better place. I'll see you in another life John. :)

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course

Rest in Peace Brother
From one FF to another, enjoy that big red truck in the sky........

Attachments

• axe-oval-firefighter.jpg
    axe-oval-firefighter.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 724

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

This has shocked me.... I just happened to be looking through the menu page and came across this part of the forum...... And there is John.

To his family, all I can say is I am very sorry for such a loss, but knowing the man that he was, he is busy somewhere up in the sky with another big red fire engine......
My prayers are with you all.

God bless
Peter

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rest in peace my friend, I will always remember your great post's and kind words. Tim

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

Rest in Peace trk5capt,

Although we have never met, I have always enjoyed your posts and the fact that you would always share your knowledge with anyone who asked. You will not be forgotten.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terrible news...rest in peace brother!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I am just learning of John's passing and needless to say, I am very sad. John was a great friend to so many and just a wonderful human being! I had the chance once to get to meet him and the hunt was cancelled. I so looked forward to meeting him. After he retired, he was so excited to have alot more time to hunt. I just seems so damn unfair, but we all have our time.

My deepest sympathies to his loving family and to all that knew him personally. God speed trk5capt! I will miss you dearly!

Moonshadow......Cindy

auger

Oct 14, 2008
South Carolina

Spent the last week reading all the posts on the old board. This guy amazed me with his CW knowledge and he was local to me! I decided I wanted to meet this fellow and perhaps learn a bit from him. Then I found the new board and this post. Rest In Peace Captain. I will think of you whenever I find a whatizit.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Re: In Memory of trk5capt....John McGinnigle

Trk5capt passed a while ago now, but i still miss him. T-net lost a good one. :(

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
track5capt,We Miss You

I had been off line for a while so I missed the notice
after reviewing My own profile and many of My submissions,I can really see how much a part of Tnet He was and Am feeling a great loss at his passing.God speed Track5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread