RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Re: In Memoriam - Trk5capt

Holy Crud.

He just retired a few months ago too. I was just thinking that I have not seen him post in a while.

Trk5Capt,
You will be missed here at Treasure Net. We will keep your family in our prayers. Thank you for your service. You are in a better place now and with God. Together you and God can watch over your family.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

River Rat said:
I'm really shook up. I can't even think straight right now. :'( :'( John was a fun person to know...we had some good chats in the chatroom. I do so much remember him talking of his fellow comrades who lost their lives in the Charleston fire...this was a tragic time for John for he worked side by side with all 9 firemen.

John had a vast knowledge of relics and was quick to answer many of "What is it?" questions.

He will will be missed by all who knew him at T-Net.

My heart goes to John's family.

So long, Capt'n. :-*
Thank You for the PM Judie....I still can't believe it.Trk5capt had alot to say and and it was right as right could be...I for one know he had a true love for the CW and I respected everything he had to say when it came to what it was,he had that knowlegde and it will be greatly missed.We ALL here are going to miss his word's of wisdom.My next "battlefield" find Is your's Buddy......My heart also goes out to John's family,May God Bless....See Ya Later Buddy!!!!!!

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

really sorry to hear this - Trk5capt was a good man. Very sad indeed...

K

Kentucky Kache

Sad news indeed. He WLL be missed.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GOODBYE CAPTAIN, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SERVICE.

FOSSIS..............

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

I am stunned.
And greatly saddened.
So sudden; it seems.
My deepest condolences to his family.
We have all lost a treasure .

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Heart breaking,I emailed with him back and forth when he retired and he was very excited . Very sad and too young . My prayers are with his family and friends. :'(

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Death is part of life...but that doesn;t make it seem any fairer or lessen the heartbreak when someone special leaves us. Some say the true sign of a special person is the emptiness felt by those they leave behind....Capt was very special and will be missed immensely!!! My condolences to his family, he touched all of us here in a positve way and hopefully part of him will stay alive in all of us and his family and friends. A sad day indeed.... :'(

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

I will miss the posts .

The true measure of a man is how much others miss him when he is gone.

My deepest to the family and friends.

OD

Nov 18, 2007
Charleston, Sc

I don't even know what to say.... Thank all of you so much for all of your condolences. Metal detecting was Dad's favorite hobby(along with model trains). He found some amazing things over the years, my job usually consisted of watching, but sometimes he'd let me have a go. I never had the luck he had, I usually came back with rusted scrap or pennies, but it didn't matter, I just enjoyed spending the time with Dad. My only regret is being such a pain in the ass, but I suppose all kids are. The last time I spoke with Dad before he went to the hospital, he told me he didn't want me mourning over him(though I can't seen to help it) He said that he had a great life, and got to do many things that most people don't(this is true) I don't know if any of y'all knew him personally, but he was extremely hardworking, and self-sufficent. When he got sick, that changed. It is so hard to watch the strongest person you have ever known waste away. He was very ready to go. It just happened so fast....Dad always taught me that the impermanence of life is what makes it so beautiful, he also always said "shit happens!" He always found humor in everything, so I suppose we could try as well. Again, thank y'all so much, and have a blessed day~Namaste~

Attachments

• dad 001.jpg
    dad 001.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 741

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Your Dad was a wonderful person and a great asset to Tnet! . We were very honored in being able to know him here. Our very best for you and your family.
Christy

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Life is too short...
He just retired. Reading this has floored me.
I loved reading what John had to say and tell.
My condolences go out to the family.
God Bless.... DPSB

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT

Holy Cow, I don't know what to say.......I just got back online after having PC problems for about 3 weeks.......and THIS!!!!!

I remember showing off some POS CW stuff I dug, not much of anything really, and having him tell me how nice it was, and to keep digging.......what a great guy he was, obviously.

I'm not a fireman, and wouldn't be.....run INTO burning buildings??? That's CRAZY. But he did it. What a man.

To all of your family, my deepest sympathies.

How terribly he'll be missed by all.

Rest in Peace. We're a better place for you having been here.

Roger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread