What's new

Incredible (for me) Field Hunt

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
This afternoon, I went to a field I picked up this spring. It was planted in cucumbers in the spring and I found a lot of nice points in it then. Today I found that they had put in seed beds and had had a lot of rain recently. Part of the field had been planted in green beans and they were just coming up. The majority of the field had not been planted. I looked from 2:45 - 5:00. The heat index was 110 but heat really doesn't bother me like it does some people.

Within the first five minutes I found a nice point. After about 30 minutes of looking I looked across the field and discovered they were planting that part of the field. It was so far away that I couldn't hear the tractor at that time. Because I was afraid that they would make it to where I was looking I started walking fast and looking three rows to the left and right. I was pleased to find these. I am not good at taking pictures. The pictures do not do these points justice.

100_5235.jpg


100_5232.jpg
 
Upvote 0
:headbang: That WAS an incredible hunt, :icon_thumleft: I like that little-bitty one, and all the serrations on the others...
 
Very nice haul for only 2 hours and 15 minutes of hunting time. Imagine what you could find if you hunted it for a very long time.

Congrats and thanks for the pictures.
 
Wow!!Very nice artifacts :icon_thumleft:
 
very nice
what kind of stone is the material??
 
Very nice! You wouldnt happen to be from down around Albany would ya?
 
Americus, Not too shabby of a field. You certainly picked one that was used before! Great site find, good points, this could be the start of a wonderful relationship!!
Thanks for showing. Lone Star
 
larson1951 said:
very nice
what kind of stone is the material??

They are made of coastal plains chert.
 
buzzgator said:
Very nice! You wouldnt happen to be from down around Albany would ya?

I am 35 miles north of Albany.
 
That is a nice group of points - particularly for this time of the summer.

artorius
 
I get down that way once a year my cousin has a hunting lease there and we always find time to pick up flint while there.
 
great huntn!maybe the most impressive two hours of huntn i have ever seen.a dozen points and as many brokes,you were pickin up a artifact every 5 minutes.thx for the look.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom