What's new

Incredible shape tokens, from 1859.

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a old permission I have yesterday. I was only at this place one time before. At that time i only had my first detector then. It was a house built in 1780s. Never found anything there last year.
So i figured what the hell, I know there was alot of iron there.
So yesterday i crack out the deus and went at it for 2 hours.
I found nothing real old, but i had fun.. These tokens were about 6inches down a hit like a LC or nice silver.. Let me tell you, the condition there in is mind boggling. If there WAS a old copper in there it would be in great condition .. Oh well, thats how it goes sometimes. .AHABE can tell you that..LOL.
Also found 2 merks, a silver dime from the Netherlands, horse rosette, and a silver bracelet.
The tokens were from a umbrella and sun shade company that started in 1849 in Philadelphia. .I have to check but this could've been his house?
Enjoy the pics.
George [IMG][/IMG]
 

Attachments

  • 1430266530222.webp
    1430266530222.webp
    44 KB · Views: 260
  • 1430266546374.webp
    1430266546374.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 1430266557454.webp
    1430266557454.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 231
  • 1430266575059.webp
    1430266575059.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 1430266584665.webp
    1430266584665.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 216
  • 1430266595434.webp
    1430266595434.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 228
  • 1430266605594.webp
    1430266605594.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Upvote 42
Very nice finds, George. The three tokens you found date to 1859...PA442 So pre civil war which for us down here is pretty darn old. Good going!!

Thanks Jay..
What is pa442?
 
Triple threat.... funny, good looking, and great at doing the chicken dance when I dig a great find!

You forgot to mention SNAZZY DRESSER! !!! lol
 
yeah man, tokens sure are in great shape! I really like the green patina on IHC. I leave mine green! Nice job
 
Very well done Vino. Really nice finds. Congrats.
 
Those are some really nice finds George. And in great shape too.
 
nice digs . love that green IH
 
Very nice tokens with all that gilt:headbang:

~Blaze~
 
Vino Great hunt & digs , esp. the token .....



dawg
:cool:
 
Congrats George on some super nice finds! Now it is time for you to get all of that Iron out of the ground there to see what it has been hiding.


Frank
 
Nice digs. Nice looking token, hope to find one for my collection.
 
Great finds! The tokens are awesome!
 
Sweet tokens! Rare to find them in such nice shape, let alone 3 of them!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom