Its well known the Adena moved east and alot of Ohio material has been found in Maryland from the Adena culture, however I think heybubbajay has you beat on distance as his are from India.I found a fling ridge, Ohio Adena blade in Maryland once upon a time ago, plus someone I know pulled a small obsidian point out of the same place. Obsidian? How far was that carried in from?
Serrations, lets see them.
Serrations, lets see them. - Page 5Sorry but that doesn't look like quartz...or South Carolina material at all.
Looks like it came from much further west than that.
How did you come up with them?
Here's a few from South Carolina ...mostly quartz and rayholite with a few chert.
View attachment 891075
If someone asks for opinions ..that's what they get
There is no rule against anything in this thread.
So I guess to answer his question someone should have said 0-10 yrs.
All the "proof" is what was brought out in this thread.
I hope we get to see the axe found the same day...by his friend.
And Mabey a description of how these came from the ground...soil compaction..depth.. other associated artifacts...ect.. so far just two points of completely the wrong material and style for anywhere in South Carolina that just happen to match..in material and style of modern points sold in bulk from India.. and not one single other artifact or detail from a "dig".
I have found a good few that is of different style and of different rock in S.C. . They traded a lot. Mine has been collected over years, and all in different places , so I know they are real. The most common is sandstone, but I have found one that is made of some kind of black rock too, that is not native to here.
I am along the coast, and I find hammerstones all the time of smooth riverrock that is not native to my AO. Of coarse it is around Cloumbia and such, but it got traded.....
Talk is cheap lets see your finds. I havent rplied to this for the same reason. The lithic is all wrong for the area.