Indian massacre of miners working in 1823

No Laf, it is an adventure/treasure dime novel with parlor entertainment play along ciphers, not a historical document.
There is a difference.

Were in the Beale Papers dose it tell you that ?
Only a moron would say a story that tells you it is fiction is real .
And only a Moron or a Democrat would say a history that is real is fiction .

Were in the Beale Papers dose it tell you that ?
Only a moron would say a story that tells you it is fiction is real .
And only a Moron or a Democrat would say a history that is real is fiction .
I don't know how you come up with all these strawman hayride retorts.
Next time before posting an name calling insult with a political bent, reread what you post.
"...a story that tells you it is fiction is real" -reads like Orwell's doublespeak.

No Laf, it is an adventure/treasure dime novel with parlor entertainment play along ciphers, not a historical document.
There is a difference.

Could be, however, if it were a simple dome novel for parlor entertainment with play along ciphers then why would the author bother to eliminate virtually all intelligible pieces of text when he describes the required "missing piece of paper" to be something that would appear as "unintelligible"? Seems to me if it was just for parlor entertainment then the author would want his readers to grab whatever text they could get hold of. Just seems curious to me that he bothers to eliminate just about every written piece of literary material on the planet. :dontknow:

Could be, however, if it were a simple dome novel for parlor entertainment with play along ciphers then why would the author bother to eliminate virtually all intelligible pieces of text when he describes the required "missing piece of paper" to be something that would appear as "unintelligible"? Seems to me if it was just for parlor entertainment then the author would want his readers to grab whatever text they could get hold of. Just seems curious to me that he bothers to eliminate just about every written piece of literary material on the planet. :dontknow:
Maybe the wrong (of the era written) text were got hold of ,instead of traditional (of the era ) song?

BTW the Llano river still has people go down the center of it and pan for gold. They have to go down the center of the river as the land on each side is private property. The property owners will can the police if they get on the private land.

Historical documents typically deal in established facts.....the alleged Beale narration has no verification so without it I don't think it can fall into "historical document" unless one is going to drop it into the class of fictional writings, as without verification of the alleged events then this is all it can be classed at present.

As for "authentic"......"lots" of ways that this can be applied and since the author only laid claim that the narration "contained authentic statements" then this takes us back to that basket full of fruit that only contains two apples, hence, "the basket contains apples." It's an accurate statement, the basket contains apples, but it's also a very misleading statement. Be careful what, and how much, you believe when it comes to stories, any story. A lot of movies and books out there said to be based on true stories, only there just isn't too much in them that was part of the real story. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Historical documents are documents that contain important information about a person, place, or event.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_document

What part of the Beale Papers do you believe is telling you it is fictional ?

Do you believe that the Copper Scroll is a parlor entertainment also ?
Strawman hayride to the red herring fishfry.
With your definition, THE DIVINCI CODE by Dan Brown meets your criteria of being a historical document.
Put another herring on the barbie.

So, what do you think of of text found throughout history that are not documented anywhere else? Are they all just fiction as you claim the Beale Papers to be?

So, what do you think of of text found throughout history that are not documented anywhere else? Are they all just fiction as you claim the Beale Papers to be?

The origin of the printing and publishing of the Beale Papers is well documented, just as all other fictional dime novels of that period.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back