Indian Related??

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I haven't been out mental detecting in a long time as we've bought ourselves a "fixer upper" and I've been spending all of my free time working on the house. We recently had a landscaping crew come out and rough grade our property before laying seed and fertilizer. Anyways, this came out of the ground when they graded the soil and I thought it looked possibly indian related. The notches are very smooth and seem hand made. Could this just be a simple rock and my mind got the best of me??

Attachments

• IMG_5604.JPG
    IMG_5604.JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_5605.JPG
    IMG_5605.JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5606.JPG
    IMG_5606.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_5607.JPG
    IMG_5607.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5608.JPG
    IMG_5608.JPG
    252.3 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 0
No expert here, but I'd say artifact. Good eye and congratulations.

Looks like a half groove hammer to me. Post it in the North American Indian Artifact forum here for conformation.

You Sir, have a "celt" in my humble opinion. Very possibly Native American. Congratulations. Sub 8-)

People post weird rocks all the time and then get all prickly when told its not man made.... but you have the real deal sweet find.

I have found quite a few of these, and it's def. Native American, nice find! Check around, there's sure to be more. HH.

Moved to our Indian artifact forum..

Well I do appreciate all of the information. I'm really surprised that an indian artifact would come out of this yard. Now I wish I'd looked through all of the dirt they turned over before they laid down new top soil. Think there's a chance there could be more stuff below the surface??

That's an axe for sure it took me almost 20 years before I found my first ....chances are there is some great artifacts near by I would deff spend more time looking u should atleast find some arrowheads or other artifacts

That's awesome!!! I would have told them to come back in a couple of days so I could search the rest of the property!! Haha

Took the words right outta my mouth. Make the entire yard gardens, flowerbeds, etc.!

Dang good find. All the ones I have found are either rough or broken and no groove. Good eye to see it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back