What's new

Indian Tools at a garage sale

cyberdan

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
4,599
Reaction score
2,232
Golden Thread
0
Location
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought there used to be a forum just for indian artifacts but couldn't find it now.
I bought all these arrowheads, and other tools at a yardsale last year. I think they were collected 25-30 years ago. Anybody know anything about old indian tools? age and $$?
 

Attachments

  • TOOLS-02.webp
    TOOLS-02.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 173
  • TOOLS-03.webp
    TOOLS-03.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 160
  • TOOLS-04.webp
    TOOLS-04.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 214
  • TOOLS-05.webp
    TOOLS-05.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 168
  • TOOLS-06.webp
    TOOLS-06.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 157
  • TOOLS-01.webp
    TOOLS-01.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
Don't forget material and Good provenance.
What do you mean material?
The only provenance is the hand written note the was taped to the sealed bag.
At the yard sale I broke the tape to peek inside.

I also bought a small tin box of lead bullets from a civil war battlefield collected by the same person decades ago.
 
As far as the provenance, at least you have something. Many times purchased artifacts will have nothing. Artifacts from famous collections often bring an extra premium. Do a little research on the collector. Sometimes pieces do better locally if he was known in the area. With material, better flint is a plus and so is color.
 
Most of the collection is going to be considered field grade due to the color of them. You have a couple of nice pieces in it like the red one and the other you posted by itself. Your not going to be able to retire on them if you sell them. Freebay is probably your best bet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom